The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Re. Tentacles - the mystery organism has at least 6 (possibly more) very obvious moveable appendages radiating out from a central trunk with a central orifice which may well be a mouth. So I think they qualify as tentacles......
I googled the word and it just stated ‘invertebrate feeding appendage‘.

I am Jamie and I am indeed the OP (and Male if that information is relevant...)

I can screengrab the video where the "tentacles" are shown stretched out, but as the forum doesnt let me directly upload videos, its a little difficult - particularly as the animated GIF in the first post doesnt auto play - so most people see the still image and think like I did - immediately assuming fungus.

Screenshots of the video where the "tentacles" are extended attached...

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 111
I am Jamie and I am indeed the OP (and Male if that information is relevant...)

I can screengrab the video where the "tentacles" are shown stretched out, but as the forum doesnt let me directly upload videos, its a little difficult - particularly as the animated GIF in the first post doesnt auto play - so most people see the still image and think like I did - immediately assuming fungus.

Screenshots of the video where the "tentacles" are extended attached...
This pic shows something way different from other pics you posted a while ago.
Just to be sure, is "this" only around gills or also inside ?

This pic shows something way different from other pics you posted a while ago.
Just to be sure, is "this" only around gills or also inside ?
its difficult to see how deep inside the gills it goes, and it is EXACTLY the same thing i posted earlier, the "tentacles" close and end up looking like on the original pictures, then periodically open up and wave about for a few seconds before closing up again - please watch the animated GIF on the first post on this thread and all will become clear!

Jamie - have these things got bigger since you started watching them? Are they actively interfering with the fish’s breathing?
i havent noticed an increase in size and to be fair the BN looks fairly well in himself, doesnt seem to be affecting him a great deal, as far as I can tell

OK - I assume that the BN is not getting better? Given that you are in the UK you might be able to get some sensible advice / positive identification if you contact somewhere like the aquarium section of London Zoo. I‘ve found them to be very helpful in the past when I needed emergency advice about a smashed Giant African Snail. (Superglue - who knew?!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back