The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

@NCaquatics is in Canada and got hold of this
yes i got my hands on FLUbendozole, its been handy. One of the very few things I've been lucky enough to find in Canada.

Thank you all for your help, but now the poop pattern in my guppies is weird? I think? Right now Iā€™ve seen some do thick brown poop and then some do really short brown poop, but it isnā€™t string like itā€™s very short. Now I have a picture of one of the poop coming out of my guppies and itā€™s long but it looks inconsistent but itā€™s brown? Is this also a sign of worms?

Attachments

• 0DC5F93C-CF65-4B78-92BA-2417CFF62B19.jpeg
    0DC5F93C-CF65-4B78-92BA-2417CFF62B19.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 79
  • AA89B152-C56B-4760-89E1-1842106C98D3.jpeg
    AA89B152-C56B-4760-89E1-1842106C98D3.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 97E7343A-FEA0-4257-A05C-311146957845.jpeg
    97E7343A-FEA0-4257-A05C-311146957845.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 75
Yep, I used the eSHa products to treat for worms in my guppies recently. Apparently most livebearers sold in stores that were raised in large fish farms abroad are carrying both round and flat worms. If you can't see a worm to ID it - as I couldn't, yet my fish had all the symptoms of worms- you need a treatment that will do both, or two separate treatments - one for roundworms and one for flatworms.

Different products are available in the US vs the US, I don't think you can get eSHa products there that seem to have cured my problem. API General Cure looks as though it will treat flatworms and gill flukes, but you'll need another treatment for roundworms if this doesn't work. Just be wary of buying cheap generic wormers, since a lot don't seem to have the ingredients necessary to treat a broad spectrum of worms. Better to check the active ingredient and ensure it will actually clear the problem. I'd used a general de-wormer on my guppies when I bought them, but it didn't touch whatever worm they were carrying.

Our disease expert, @Colin_T says;

"You can use Praziquantel to treat tapeworm and gill flukes. And Levamisole to treat thread/ round worms. If you can't find these medications, look for Flubendazole, which treats both lots of worms."
Can both the esha worm treatments be put in tank at same time and still work? Esha NDX for roundworms and GDEX for flat/tape worms?
MrsLurch has lost a couple of endlers these last few weeks and apparently stringy poo was noted. Iā€™ve just got back from Maidenheads with some ndx (no GDEX in stock) which sheā€™s gonna put in after a huge waterchange in a couple of hours.
If both canā€™t be used at same time Weā€™ll order the GDEX on line but if they can Iā€™ll ring our other two lfs to see if theyā€™ve any I can buy today.

As an aside is there a TFF approved medicine cabinet list? I know raising temp and adding Marine Salt are faves on here. We bought basic Epsom salts as a starter.

Can both the esha worm treatments be put in tank at same time and still work? Esha NDX for roundworms and GDEX for flat/tape worms?
MrsLurch has lost a couple of endlers these last few weeks and apparently stringy poo was noted. Iā€™ve just got back from Maidenheads with some ndx (no GDEX in stock) which sheā€™s gonna put in after a huge waterchange in a couple of hours.
If both canā€™t be used at same time Weā€™ll order the GDEX on line but if they can Iā€™ll ring our other two lfs to see if theyā€™ve any I can buy today.

As an aside is there a TFF approved medicine cabinet list? I know raising temp and adding Marine Salt are faves on here. We bought basic Epsom salts as a starter.
I wouldn't use gdex and ndx at the same time. But ndx is I think a one day treatment with a two week gap before the second dose, and there's enough time between the first and second doses to do a round of the gdex which is what I did :)
So you could order the gdex online today (fast delivery if you have Amazon Prime?) Use the ndx today after the big water change, read the instructions for ndx and do the water change once it's been in long enough, and maybe run some carbon or do some more water changes, then can do the gdex when it arrives/you get some. You'll have plenty of time to do the gdex course before the second dose of ndex due.

A medicine cabinet list isn't a terrible idea... it's worth having epsom and aquarium/rock salt on hand. But I wouldn't recommend keeping other meds like wormers, ich meds or anything in stock, since they're likely to go out of date before you need them.

I wouldn't use gdex and ndx at the same time. But ndx is I think a one day treatment with a two week gap before the second dose, and there's enough time between the first and second doses to do a round of the gdex which is what I did :)
So you could order the gdex online today (fast delivery if you have Amazon Prime?) Use the ndx today after the big water change, read the instructions for ndx and do the water change once it's been in long enough, and maybe run some carbon or do some more water changes, then can do the gdex when it arrives/you get some. You'll have plenty of time to do the gdex course before the second dose of ndex due.

A medicine cabinet list isn't a terrible idea... it's worth having epsom and aquarium/rock salt on hand. But I wouldn't recommend keeping other meds like wormers, ich meds or anything in stock, since they're likely to go out of date before you need them.
Cheers.
I think Iā€™ll nip down the other lfs to see what theyā€™re charging for the GDEX in comparison anyway. Any excuse to look at the fish.

Cheers.
I think Iā€™ll nip down the other lfs to see what theyā€™re charging for the GDEX in comparison anyway. Any excuse to look at the fish.
More power to you! I love visiting my LFS, but I always spend more money than I'd intended whenever I go. Stay strong!! And please let me know how the fish do after treatment. eSHa worked well for my fish, but always good to hear others experiences, especially when I've recommended them to others.

Most reactions

trending

Back