Another Prehistoric Monster!

IMG_1677.JPG

Wow, I really enjoyed looking at all of these. What an interesting group you have. I love seeing their faces poking out of the substrate - suddenly makes them a whole lot cuter.

beautiful pics and now hes colored up so much better

is that the camera or does the bichir have green marks on its head? its beautiful

I want bichirs again!!

Get some mate. I love mine, right up to the point I see Gasmasks photos :( Then realise how small mine really are. Can't wait for them to grow on and hopefully get a few more. Excellent pics again mate, so jealous. Just about to add a few Ropefish to my collection now.

wouldlove to butnot sure theydgo with the discus and tetras lol

reeds are ace mate one of the best fish I have owned

Thanks again guys.

@Simonas, yes the bichir bichir has immense green on it's head. Looks amazing in person. Also, I have a friend that keeps large lower jaw bichirs with Discus.
It looks awesome. But yeah the tetras would be a problem!

Funnily enough, I seen a few bichir for the first time on sunday, loved the spikes on their back. I biggest was around 6inches, he was £20. Didn't want to get any as I knew absolutely nothing about them. Love your fish.

You have some fantastic fish, the Aro is a real beauty!

James.

Hello mate, stunning looking fish mate, How is everything with you after the earthquake and tsunami?

Hello mate, stunning looking fish mate, How is everything with you after the earthquake and tsunami?

WC PO.Bichir Bichir(bigger) next to a CB PO Bichir Bichir.
IMG_2114.JPG

Breeding is the hope here!

These are back in a LFS near me, the staff know nothing about them and to be honest, neither do I. I'm looking some info on them. What size would they grow to? What size tank would I need? They're just labelled as Bichir, but that's it. They've had them in a few times and I really like the look of them. Any links of any info would be greatly appreciated.

Don't worry, I'm not looking to run out and buy them after reading one article. They'll probably be sold by the time I would feel confident enough to get them.

WC PO.Bichir Bichir(bigger) next to a CB PO Bichir Bichir.
IMG_2114.JPG

Breeding is the hope here!

These are really nice :) Never know they may turn in up in the UK at some point with Teugelsi's

These are back in a LFS near me, the staff know nothing about them and to be honest, neither do I. I'm looking some info on them. What size would they grow to? What size tank would I need? They're just labelled as Bichir, but that's it. They've had them in a few times and I really like the look of them. Any links of any info would be greatly appreciated.

Don't worry, I'm not looking to run out and buy them after reading one article. They'll probably be sold by the time I would feel confident enough to get them.

Doubt they have bichir bichir but they'll have other types of polypterus, depending on the species they'll go from 12inch is for senegal to up to / over 3ft for congicus, lap's, ansorgi's

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back