Another Prehistoric Monster!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks again guys.

@Simonas, yes the bichir bichir has immense green on it's head. Looks amazing in person. Also, I have a friend that keeps large lower jaw bichirs with Discus.
It looks awesome. But yeah the tetras would be a problem!

Here you said he kept bichirs with Discus i keep discus and really love the look of them. Could i put a Senegalus Bichir and Delhezi with them. I have been researching for more than 3 weeks and i don't know if this would be safe. Any thoughts?

If this is possible i am in the US and would like to get the email of the guy who can ship anywhere in the US. I am 15 years old and have been keeping fish for 5 years. I currently keep discus successfully which is no easy feat. I am confident i can raise these great creatures

Hi. The seller is called Rehoboth Aquatics.
Thing is, if you are looking to buy a Senegalus or Delhezi, you are much better off buying them from an LFS near you.
They are 2 of the more common Bichirs, that most LFS should stock.

Buying from Toyin at Rehoboth would be overkill, as he specializes in more "premium" fish.

Thanks again guys.

@Simonas, yes the bichir bichir has immense green on it's head. Looks amazing in person. Also, I have a friend that keeps large lower jaw bichirs with Discus.

Here you said he kept bichirs with Discus i keep discus and really love the look of them. Could i put a Senegalus Bichir and Delhezi with them. I have been researching for more than 3 weeks and i don't know if this would be safe. Any thoughts?

If this is possible i am in the US and would like to get the email of the guy who can ship anywhere in the US. I am 15 years old and have been keeping fish for 5 years. I currently keep discus successfully which is no easy feat. I am confident i can raise these great creatures

Thing is, if you are looking to buy a Senegalus or Delhezi, you are much better off buying them from an LFS near you.

Buying from Toyin at Rehoboth would be overkill, as he specializes in more "premium" fish.

I'm pretty sure they need something like £500 min order to ship to the uk, endlicherri should be easy to get hold of in the UK i#ve had them in the past. Also if you're rreally into them have a look at oddball express they have bichir bichir at £400 each , i would get some if had any spare cash for them. they have 40 available and they a decent size.

Thanks again guys.

Sounds good. My LFS usually gets Bichirs in every 2 months, ill have to do a special order.

Regards, Kerber

New pickup!

Actually it is an old fish I sold on to someone else.
It was being it's typical brutal self and destroying fish. So he gave it back to me haha!

Around 20" Polypterus Congicus "Kayo"

ilax41.jpg

qmz213.jpg

a0yut5.jpg

Beautiful!

Unfortunately I lost my little patternless Delhezi earlier on in the month. Not sure why, but the fish was never right. It never grew much and only ate one pellet a day. Such a shame :(

I am on the lookout for, preferably, a wild caught Del and an Endli for my 180g... Do you know if your contact would be able to get hold of these? Or does he need a large order?

Beautiful!

Unfortunately I lost my little patternless Delhezi earlier on in the month. Not sure why, but the fish was never right. It never grew much and only ate one pellet a day. Such a shame :(

I am on the lookout for, preferably, a wild caught Del and an Endli for my 180g... Do you know if your contact would be able to get hold of these? Or does he need a large order?
as mentioned above if you are in the uk you'll need a pretty big order :( in the us im not sure.

Not sure of minimum order, but there is a contact mail at the website: http://rehobothaquatics.com/index2.html

I personally get all my Bichirs from a friend who breeds/collects/sells them and for my bigger Bichirs, I tend to use Big-in. http://www.big-in.jp

A couple of new pics.

My biggest Endliceri 60cm. Next to my biggest WC Bichir Bichir also 60cm. same head length, body length, but look at the body mass of the Endli!!!!:
28w07kk.jpg

Still my favorite of all my WC Bichir Bichirs:
jrtoo2.jpg

Nice Kamihata CB Bichir Bichir:
2mhwmdg.jpg

f35myp.jpg

Some strange Endli. Possible Hybrid, not sure the exact forms. On the black sand the markings blur, but it is grey, and has a thick black horizontal bar all the way down the length of the body, and no Endlicheri markings:
10qcfoi.jpg

Finally, a new little Lapradei juvi. Nothing special, but important to me as it has been bred by a very close friend of mine who is just a hobbyist:
2gugwox.jpg

2hxmxsm.jpg

Cheers, TGM.

Grabbed another new Congi today whilst shopping for my daughters football boots! (Must try to resist LFS when family shopping!)

149cz6c.jpg

A little beaten up in the shop tank, but will heal soon I hope. Congi count - 7.

Grabbed this little dude whilst there:

j6h215.jpg

wow budd your collection is amazing, :drool:

Think you lost your arm in the tank,,,he is massive

28w07kk.jpg

Thanks mate!

She is a big girl. I thought for a while she maybe holding eggs, but looks like she needs a diet now lol!

Beautiful!

Love the little Dat as well. There's one in my lfs that's tempting but a) it's expensive and b) not sure how it'd get on with my stock

Pretty nice picture of my Kamihata "premium" breed Bichir Bichir.

i43e5h.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back