Now, I'm Really Relying On You Guys......

That's why i said get a lock on it and only u and the owner and perhaps some one responsible with a copy of the key. Stop Joe Public and staff messing.

It finally came to the day that I ran out of excuses to keep those Oscars any longer..... They were handed over tonight, and now,..... Looking at them in a tank, (not in the pond from top down)...... I think I had 2 males in any case.....

SDC11171.jpg

SDC11172.jpg

SDC11190.jpg

SDC11201.jpg

SDC11202.jpg

SDC11209.jpg

SDC11200.jpg

A lot of decor still outstanding though...... On Sunday, I'll be driving down to the river to get some "natural" rocks and bogwood.

Now barely 3/4 days after handing them over,..... They spawn..... Check photos below;

SDC11221.jpg

SDC11219.jpg

Oh no, isn't that the way it always works? I really like that rock that they've chosen to spawn on...

It looks amazing, well done. I would definately get a lock of some sort of the lid though, my friends mum and dad had a pub/hotel with a huge fish tank in it, one of the local idiots decided to give the fish a whiskey then vomitted in the tank. They ended up having to lock their lid.
Sods law of the spawning, can you just take the babies out and back to your own place when they hatch???

Oh no, isn't that the way it always works? I really like that rock that they've chosen to spawn on...

That specific rock has some history behind it and I was very reluctant to give it up..... I got it way back in the 70's with one of the tanks I bought and has been doing duties in rockeries, pot plant stands, and mainly tank decor.... Did'nt know one could get emotionally so close to a rock....

Did'nt know one could get emotionally so close to a rock....
:lol:
Nice shots of the spawning,
Wot you planning to feed the offspring and whats the future plans for the brood.
BigC

Did'nt know one could get emotionally so close to a rock....
:lol:
Nice shots of the spawning,
Wot you planning to feed the offspring and whats the future plans for the brood.
BigC

They've subsequently been eaten, (the eggs), but I'm not really worried since this is their first spawn.... Hopefully more successful with future broods. I intend to leave 'em in there, untill they become "bouncers" & then siphon them into a bucket for seperate rearing at my house.... I think, I may interest the bigger markets if I can supply these (instead of the "commoners" which I currently have) to make the trip to the cities worthwhile..... Otherwise, I'll just feed them to my guppies...

Ho much could to attain for a juve Oscar over there Lud.
Just gauging world market prices here LOL
Regards
BigC

Ho much could to attain for a juve Oscar over there Lud.
Just gauging world market prices here LOL
Regards
BigC

Smallest I bought are about 2.5 inches and I paid R50 for it.... Rand/ dollar exchange currently at around R10, and to the Pound it'll be around R16...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back