Now, I'm Really Relying On You Guys......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So how things going here then Ludwig?

I had one subsequent spawning, where both parents guarded the eggs this time, but I think on the third day, a few consecutive power trips made them nervous and they ate the eggs..... some did not turn white during this spawn (although there were much less eggs)...

Friday again... & I owe you an update on the progress.....

SDC11808.jpg

SDC11812.jpg

SDC11818.jpg

SDC11821.jpg

SDC11826.jpg

SDC11823.jpg

SDC11875.jpg

Man!!!.. This giant Gourami is really growing on me.....

SDC11816.jpg

Tony is a sharks rugby team supporter......
SDC11835.jpg

SDC11846.jpg

SDC11868.jpg

LOL they do grow fast them thing's, how ever the tank is looking great :)
we got a job going here in the UK if u want it

This project has now advanced to a stage where I want to add the final touches, before I present the bill....

I need to add maximum another 3 fish to this tank to add colour.....(& a bit of variety)

In there, there are:

2 x Olive (normal) Oscars
2 x albino(ish) Oscars
2 x Convict males
1 x Giant Gourami
1 x Plecostomus

The tank is 1,100 liters....... What other (3) fish can I add????

clown knife or a bichir or a fire eel would be cool. a electric blue jack dempsy also but that might be too agressive.

Your not be able to add another Giant Gourami not now the other is established. Would be nice though if it worked.

I wanna know what the heck you feed big beasties like that Lud..!!??

Whole chickens????

You have plenty of big beefy fish now - so how about a change and bit of variety, you add some sort of pipefish or eel? Or (and forgive my ignorance here) but is there any chance that the Oscars etc are so big now that tiny fish wouldnt be at all interesting to them? If it was possible a shoal of colour would be fascinating to watch as they flee from the big boys.

lady at my LFS was feeding her biggest fish with crabsticks yesterday.

just wondering how you managed to do the 95% water change on 1100 litres???

lady at my LFS was feeding her biggest fish with crabsticks yesterday.

just wondering how you managed to do the 95% water change on 1100 litres???

Hawkins... this is inside of a pub...... :beer: .... With patience.....

Fire eel or rope fish has to be one of 'em...... Will that be ok & which one of the 2 if I can get fully grown specimens??

Fire eel are harder to keep, but use a long pole and and feed it white bait will will do fine :)
Just have to stop the oscars nicking it's food

Now, I've had another close-up look at this tank tonight, and even with Tony saying that he is pleased, and it looks good,... I am not happy.... Lookit the pics and help me decide what I should do to get this looking like a tank.... I know there is something lacking, but I cannot put my finger onto it. Please make suggestions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back