Now, I'm Really Relying On You Guys......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well to go with the oscars....what about...

a jack dempsey or two?

a green terror?

salvini?

Nicaraguense?

veija?

Trimac? - altho these are as fiesty as flowerhorns!!!

looks very nice tho so far............reminds me of Hawaii!!!!

Now, I got them the lighting, pumps, heaters, some of the filtration, but when I arrived tonight,..... Nothing was connected..... I went home and ( for the time being) added only 1 x Pleco......I summoned them to have the rest connected by tomorrow, and I'll add the 2 x Oscars.... and 3 x Large convicts..... Next week I'll go through to Pretoria and purchase the rest of the stocks.... To include 2 x Silver Dollars at least and some albino Severum..... ( maybe Tinfoils as well) more suggestions??...Progressive Photos will be posted tomorrow after the Oscars are in.

Comming along nicely I would say Lud.
Should make a big impact once its up and running proper, had any feed back from the customers about the project as it sits.
Good Work mate
Regards
BigC

Comming along nicely I would say Lud.
Should make a big impact once its up and running proper, had any feed back from the customers about the project as it sits.
Good Work mate
Regards
BigC

At this stage,.... The customers are Pee'd off.... Been seeing an empty tank for at least 3 weeks now... The general "handyman" at Thaba Nkwe is not up to scratch with installing the lighting,..... and electrical joints etc.. I've now decided to add the fish despite, & maybe this will prompt him to react.

At least now, I have a few fish in the tank, .... Had some crises though this afternoon, when I was told "all fish had died. I arrived whith an extreme fouled tank, & immediately did a water change.... Someone had overfed tremendously.... I layed down some new rules, & was lucky to only have lost 1 x Silver Dollar... The rest are now OK!!!!..... The Big Oscars are still outstanding, as well as some centrepiece decor to come......

SDC11118.jpg

SDC11122.jpg

SDC11119.jpg

SDC11130.jpg

Well done my old mate, (No sign of the book yet) Are you going to cover the hood with something similar to the base surround or would that be a fire risk.
Regards
BigC

Well done my old mate, (No sign of the book yet) Are you going to cover the hood with something similar to the base surround or would that be a fire risk.
Regards
BigC

This lodge changes Rangers as I change my socks.... Since I started this "project", I'm onto my 3rd one, and had the agreement with him that the roof would also be thatched, This new one (the one who over fed the fish) does not look like he is capable of doing it.

The tracking number for that book is 0860-111-502..... & I've also got an item identifyer no. PE536034101ZA..... Then they've also got a website which I will visit right now & give you feedback.

Nope.... I could have guessed it.... They only say the item was posted in Thabazimbi on 3rd October and is currently still in transit... Big help.

About this new Ranger at the game lodge.... He phoned me at work to tell me all the fish had died.....and fortunately, there was a guy there with him who knows a lot about fish, and this guy says that the temperature of 27 deg C is way to hot..... He should immediately remove the heaters & wait for the temp to fall down to between 18 and 20, which is the ideal temp!!!!!

I took off early to go & check what the problem was.... On arrival, the water was almost as white as milk & the fish were all gulping at the surface..... with layers of food on the gravel..... I merely did a bottom siphon & 95% water change & was fortunate to have only lost the SD..... I now gave him written instructions about the feeding etc. etc. etc. and told him that even if Doctor Herbert Axlerod personally gives him any advice about the fish, he must clear it with me first.... It's soooooo frustrating!!

Looking good and pleased ur getting the hassle i get every day ;)
off topic but i had a callout to Heathrow airport at 6am at the weekend!!!!! I was still there at midday fixing it arrrrrrrr

I spot a giant gourami as well there :) I so love them fish but add the any new fish now as it will not tolerate new comers soon!!!!!!

Stop people feeding the fish, get an automatic feeder, ehiem's are the best so far, use a good pellet food mix of floaters and sinkers and put a weeks worth in at a time and lock the lid if possible so no one can get access, cos it customers as well u gotta watch!
Also watch out for the so called "Fish experts" i love these people who tell u every thing is done wrong.

I just dread the day that an inebriated customer would want to see what a fish looks like when it is "drunk" and pour a little beer or brandy into the tank.....

I'm reading this at work...so the pics are blocked :angry: Can't wait to get home and have a look.Sounds like a big job.Good luck with it.

I've had all sorts sandwiches, fruit, veg, chewing gum.......

Worst was a tunna sandwiche...... killed all the fish over night, amazing the staff never noticed!

Most reactions

trending

Back