Now, I'm Really Relying On You Guys......

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Just by coincidence, I stumbled upon this 1.75 x 0.75 x 0.75m tank, which the calculator indicates will contain 1040l of water, at the same price as my intended 5ft, and this one comes with a gigantic filter (did not check the make) which has a built-in heater (no bigger than a pencil) and water conditioner.....

I think it's a huge bargain, and only cause I do not have the space to keep it myself, this is what I'm gonna set up in the pub for Tony.....

Obviously, the little stage will no longer suffice, but I'll find a place to put it for him, but now, the scenario changes completely and I'll be able to be more flexible with the types and numbers of fish that I can put in.....

In the Oscar size range, what suggestions.... i.e. do you think (for instance Rope fish will be OK with them)

Has anyone heard of the filter that I'm talking about.... With a built-in (small black pencil-like heater & water conditioner)???

Yes!!.... It's Friday night again and I've found the perfect position for this "new" tank..... Can I put in Rope fish with Oscars or even parrots???

Wow!!!.. The tank has arrived, & I delivered tonight, although the anticipated spot was not big enough, I have about 15cm of the edges sticking over the edge of the halfround stage that it will be displayed on, so I asked them to get a base fitting 1" thick chipboard. Hope it will work.

It is a 1040l tank, and I'm gonna be specific with the inhabitants, which will include 1 x (at least 12") albino oscar and one normal Oscar, but I really want to know if these would be compatible with a full grown rope fish, Parrot fish (1 x blue and 1 x red) and a tyre track eel????

they might work. full grown oscars can be a pain in the butt to introduce. the only way i can see having two grown oscars is if they are a proven pair because the fighting will not stop. try to consider only having one. the albino would be cool.
ropefish are out because they end up as noodles for oscars. go with bichirs instead.
the eel should work fine.

Ya wanna go with Malawis or Lake Tanganyikas

Ya wanna go with Malawis or Lake Tanganyikas

Man!!! Am I keen to get the latest photos posted on this installation!!!.... Unfortunately, we have to modify the stand (longer "legs" at the front and shorter legs at the back) to fit onto this stage, but I think it's gonna be a hit. WHATCH THIS SPACE!!!!...... More suggestions will be considered.....

aww That pub seems class!!!

I would go for a few big fish in that type of pub like Oscars, big plec so they can be treated more like a pet dog ect.

Love S.A been twice but mainly spend time in KwaZulu-Natal. (Family)

I want to come visit this pub Ludwig! Do they sell pints? Castle lager?!

aww That pub seems class!!!

I would go for a few big fish in that type of pub like Oscars, big plec so they can be treated more like a pet dog ect.

Love S.A been twice but mainly spend time in KwaZulu-Natal. (Family)

Naw!!....KwaZulu-Natal folks not nearly as hospitable as we are here in Limpopo Province....(but don't tell the family I said so...... Don't want to start a civil war here now).....

Yes!!!... I've secured my two Oscars this afternoon, (getting them tomorrow) Approximately 12/13", but the tank is not nearly ready for them, gravel (50kg) only delivered next week, so for the interim, I'll place them in one of my heated ponds. The one is a normal Olive green "original" and the other the Golden variety......

Just curious, I got them for R350 each, which in Dollars would be roundabout $47, and in pounds, it would be approximately 23 Pounds..... In your terms, is that a lot to pay for 12/13" Oscars???..... (personally, I expected to pay more).....

However, this is for Tony's pub tank, but since I'll be maintaing the tank.... IT IS MINE!!..... I'm also getting myself 4 x 3" Albinos from the same place.

well they are selling 3" oscars for £5 in my LFS, quite a few fish go down in value when bigger but not sure on oscars.

ooooo like mine...well kinda

mine is lutino not albino

but chances are yours will also be lutino

Right!!!... The tank is in position, The canopy is being made, The gravel will be put in on Monday, The tank will be slightly raised, The lighting and filters are on order, 2 Big Oscars and 1 x Pleco are waiting to be "homed"....(next Friday + 1 week)..... What other suggestions??? (next Friday the water goes in, and the Friday after that, the fish)

Outside pool area of Thaba Nkwe
SDC10868.jpg

Front door to Thaba Nkwe
SDC10864.jpg

Empty tank in position
SDC10851.jpg

Stuffed crocodile at pond area (inside)
SDC10844.jpg

Empty tank (will be raised slightly)
SDC10843.jpg

SDC10843.jpg

SDC10842.jpg