Now, I'm Really Relying On You Guys......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How are your relations with the new park Ranger

Regards
BigC

How are your relations with the new park Ranger

Regards
BigC

Improving.... he was actually responsible for me leaving (much) later last night than I anticipated..... you know.... rubber arms..... "another one on me"..

Improving....
Thats Good.
The exhibit is looking much better now.
I thought Shelagh would take a shine to those Oscars. :lol:
What sort of prices would you pay for the larger fish specimens over there in S.A. (namely the Gourami and the Oscars.
Keep up the good work
Regards
C

The big Oscars, I got for R350, (29 pounds) but commercially they are around R500 (42 Pounds) for that size. The GG would be approx R250 (21Pounds).... Big Albinos Oscars would be slightly more.

Not too extortionate on the pricing there Lud, especially the GG
Thanks
BigC

Geez!!!.... I was so disgusted tonight...... Got a phonecall from the pub management, saying that something terribly is wrong.... (does not happen overnight)....... The water is in a terrible state and the one Albino Oscar is almost dead.........

I know I did skip last Friday, and said that I'd come around tomorrow.... (being Friday again), but as soon as I put down the phone.... thought I'd better do it tonight.

The one Albino Oscar is all tatty and has no scales left on the one side of the body.... The tank is DIRTY & all brown..... It was DISGUSTING!!!!!!!

I did a 95% water change and cleaned one (of the 3) filters....... it is a total turnaround, and will do the rest tomorrow.......

This is inside of a restaurant!!!!... could they not have done as little as a water change or at the least have phoned earlier????...... Thanks for listening......

You should maybe add some of the most basic cichlids ever, KRIBENSIS!! Or maybe a giant plakat fighting fish, some festae or even redtop trawavassae

btw, we didn't listen, we read :p

hope your oscar gets better.

John.

I get this problem all the time but mine is their is a problem and need me there, i drive 2-3 hours to get there and their is nothing wrong most of the time!!!
Still at least i get to change them for that!

Your doing the right thing though.
Was they over feeding them do u think?

Still go back and check everthing and do another water change in a few days.

My original objective was to put the tank up for them..... now it's become my exclusive responsibility..... I might walk in on a Friday night & hear that there is no more food for the fish (for the past 5 days) so I'd better make a plan.

I removed the Giant Gouramie tonight & placed him/her in one of the heated ponds at home where I keep my Convicts..... Plenty of fry in there currently, so it'll have a ball, but nowhere else to put it. It is advertised on a SA fish Forum as a Freebie......, but suddenly, the tank looks bare.....

What can I put in there as replacement??? (currently.... 2 large normal Oscars..... Two Albino Oscars (one beaten up somewhat)..... A big Pleco and 4 large Convicts.

Ah! well.... somewhere I posted about the departure of the female Oscar (being eggbound).... and the male in close persuit..... I was there again tonight, & the male is still alive,... (and looking a bit happier than last week), but he is not himself though.....

His anal ovipositor is protruding to the extent that it looks like a prolapse..... Is this just stress from loosing his wife??.... I did a double water change tonight & will monitor his "progress" (if any)

Ah! well.... somewhere I posted about the departure of the female Oscar (being eggbound).... and the male in close persuit..... I was there again tonight, & the male is still alive,... (and looking a bit happier than last week), but he is not himself though.....

His anal ovipositor is protruding to the extent that it looks like a prolapse..... Is this just stress from loosing his wife??.... I did a double water change tonight & will monitor his "progress" (if any)

I cannot believe it!!!... He is totally recovered... First one to eat when pellets are thrown in.....and in charge of the tank.... I'm soooooo relieved.

Allthough I try, I cannot make it there on every Friday night, so I've skipped 2 weeks due to other commitments......

Yesterday, I got a voice message from the current manager, saying that one of the Convicts died and he needs more fish in the tank..... I phoned the local pet store, & all they had available was 2 x hifin Bala sharks, some silver Dollars and some Cichlid......

After work, I went to the petshop, and they had 2 x Hifin Pengasius Sharks..... Several 2" diameter Siver Dollars....... & when I enquired about the Cichlid....... They showed me a Scat...... Nice size and reasonably priced, but the condition was mediocre.....

I took one of the Pengasius to put in a 1,100l tank with 3 x Oscars...... 3 x Convict Males..... 1 x Large Plecostumous.....

I gave a water change and they all seem happy as a fish in water..... Do you think I should also get the 2nd Pengasius, or would this be too much for a 1,100l tank.....(Also.... what else can I push in there for a bit of colour)....??

What about adding a Cichlasoma octofasciatum or Aequidens rivulatus.

Most reactions

trending

Back