Bad Betta

I never said you weren't well read! Where exactly have you dreamt that up from?
All I said was, you told us all that we provided no evidence and therefore our 'facts' clearly weren't facts.
YOUR statement was incorrect. You presumed that just because we weren't typing up massive essays we were just talking rubbish.

And your point was wrong. The fish wont have more swimming space in a sphere, nor will it allow you to create an environment that is as suitable for the fish as a rectangular aquarium would be.
Or is that not a fact because I've not gone to the effort of referencing it to resource material?

I'm not going to get into an argument over this (You don't strike me as the person who wants to either). But you are the one who made an incorrect statement. And then somehow got the impression I was saying you knew nothing?

I've made my point, I've backed it up with 'evidence'. Accept it or don't accept it.

Hey guys, everyone has put their points across sufficiently, I think LOTTE you have a lot of information from two sides of the story from varying members and it is up to you what you ultimately are going to do. If you want to take the Biorb back please do try, the fact it did not have a box etc should not put you off as you have consumer rights. If you have more questions specific to the two sides going for and against the Biorb please ask, but of course it is your decision at the end of the day :) Just consider all factors and also most importantly the welfare of your fish. You have all the information if something does go wrong and it is likely the biorb tank you may have to act quickly, just be prepared which ever factor going for.

Also just to mention there will be conflicitng sides especially in the world of bettas as everyone is passionate on them and also because they are a class of fish that has been thoroughly abused in the past and keepers nowadays that are serious try to ensure all bettas are purchased with proper intentions, equipment and information as quite a few LFS still give all of this wrongfully.

Right this is getting stupid we have all said our peice, tonym we all know that the amount of comments a person has left means nothing about how much they know.

But the fact is most people would consider 15litres too small for a permanent home anyway and in most peoples opinion and scientific and mathmatical judgement a rounded tank is far less practical for your fish as the cons out weigh the pros.

I really do give up now i have given cheaper, larger and more practical options to the bi-orb which with decore will hold about 11litres and have next to no swim room.

And yes Tonym i have backed it up with facts science and common sense and i find it extreamly rude of you to insist that other posters are wrong in their attempts to help the OP who's thread has turned into a bun fight or slagging match.

I normally keep my temper and try to be as polite as i can but this has really ticked me off.

Now back on topic PLEASE.

Lotte it is your decision i will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability and in my honest opinion 15litres is too small for a permanent home regardless of the shape of the tank.

Oh by the way guys, I didn't reply to start and argument, nor was I about to continue one.

It's just the whole point was that we're meant to be giving LOTTE all the correct information. I couldn't just leave it seeing something that was clearly incorrect.

And TonyM, this disagreement will go no further than this post I promise! I'll be the first person there to give congrats and compliments whenever you're posting pictures or topics etc :good:

And I agree LOTTE, don't let the fact it didn't come with a box put you off. You only have to return it in the same state as they sold it to you. I could dig out the 'customer rights legislation thingy if you wanted?' Just PM me if interested in the link. Or equally jus google it.
So long as you have the receipt you can easily argue it wasn't fit for use. OR if it was second hand in the first place you could *Ahem* let it dry and tell them you didn't even use it in the end. And you didn't use it because it wasn't suitable for keeping fish in.
That's a point...did you ask why it was returned in the first place?

Wow LOTTE bet you didn't expect all this over a biorbe!

As long as you realise it is only because everyone here wants the best for your fish - ultimately the best for you as your fish will be healthy :)

Seriously, you are not far from me so if you want to go window shopping for fish give me a call, come to BAS with me.

the rason why i posted on the thread is that there where some people saying that it is a bad tank (I have to say I would not buy one as you can get much better tanks and for cheaper than the bi-orb). Also i do belive that it isnt good that the fish will just swim round in circles as it will. But a rectangular tank will also decrease in volume when decor plants and substrate are also added sorry if i caused any offence i just felt the OP was getting jumped on for trying his best i felt that a lot of what was being said was personal opinion rather than actual facts this could have been the way i was reading into it so sorry about that if i caused any offence as we are all on here for one reason and thats are love of bettas and fish in general and also believe the topic should be put to rest.

LOTTE has emailed me - she's at work (2nd job of the day) and can read but not reply to posts.

Hey guys sorry I missed out on all the fun :lol: I literally finished one job and rushed to get to my next one :eek:

Anyway I have made a decision... as when I got home last night Rufus was still in a sulk and lying at the bottom of his cold 7 litre tank! I couldn't see him like that, so I popped him into the dredded Biorb!! Anyway pretty much as soon as I put him in he started swimming around again and his blue colouring came back (as in the 7 Litre he just turned red :() I gave him food and he eat it straight away :)

He has got a iccle plant that he swims between and he likes looking out of his tank (I think hehe)

Unfortunatly his fins have gone even more scraggly though... fingers crossed these will improve!

Some of you may not like my decision, but I am gonna see for myself - otherwise I will never learn. However I hope you will all contine to give me your support and help on my quest to become a fish expert.

Ps - Rufus is being babysat by my bf today to make sure he is ok :lol:

Thanks once again :)

Ppss - his casualties of war's fin's have grown back already... they are white though... hopefully the colour will come back soon!!

Morning!

Sounds like for now at least this is the better option. Hope his fins recover.

Oh and I didn't fill the tank to the top so he has more surface area (whoooooo I am learning) :)

He looks tiny in the tank :lol:

Most reactions

Back