Bad Betta

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Yeah thought so ;) Dont worry Jennybugs was not going there! Just wonderd what on earth could go in tropical or cold..

Yeah thought so ;) Dont worry Jennybugs was not going there! Just wonderd what on earth could go in tropical or cold..

Tropical! More choice of fish. Coldwater will limit you to at most, minnows or zebra danios, although I always recommend a heater in all coldwater set ups for stability of temperatures :D

I wasn't angry at you btw hun...just these manufacturers who insist that goldies are fine for their tanks when they are not :blush:

No I didint think you were hon, dont worry! I only learned in the last year or so on goldfish and feel guilty for earleir childhood experiences. These manufacturers need a slap. lol

Don't goldfish need at least 15 (us) gallons? I may be wrong, but I hate it when they say things like that. Ads like that are akin to "it's OK to keep your betta in a 1/2 gal bowl!". Ugh. :mad:

Don't goldfish need at least 15 (us) gallons? I may be wrong, but I hate it when they say things like that. Ads like that are akin to "it's OK to keep your betta in a 1/2 gal bowl!". Ugh. :mad:

20 gallons minimum for the first goldie and a further 10 gallons minimum per extra fish is what I go by.

Quick question.... does my tank have to have a lid?? It looks miles better without!!

I'd say the rectangular tank is probably better for a betta.

Hope they let you keep the heater, if not I've just looked and 25w ones are as cheap as £8 on ebay and at least they will let you take the biorbe back.

Can we have pics of the plec please :)

As for the lid - it depends is there space to fit a clear plastic drip tray or sliders? If not then I know some fish jump out of open tops.

EDIT - I've just seen a 7.5w and 15w heater on ebay too.

It is better to stop any jumpers which bettas are prone for... Always get a clear plastic thingy like indigoj suggests.

Agreed on some sort of cover. However...
You could also go for a glass cover - you can scrape away any algae growth, where as with a plastic cover it will probably never be fully removed.

Or you could probably try some sort of small holed netting to cover the top. Just making sure it's small enough that he can't get himself wedged into any of the holes.

Hi guys.. I have decided to pop the lid on it and I have taken the Biorb back. the guy in the shop said he would sell me a 60 litre tank with all accesories and a stand for £50. Just wish I had the room and the money.

However I have just done summet bad.... I got some sand to pop in the tank and I had to put it in around Rufus and now its all cloudy... is this normal??

Ps - I just made £17 out of pets at home whooooooo x x :)

How well did you clean the sand? So long as you cleaned it really well then a bit of cloudiness should be fine.
If you look at the picture in my sig you can see a faint faint cloudiness.

I thoroughly cleaned my sand before it went in, and it's been in for around 6months. But I'd done a HUGE tank clearout that day and stirred all the sand up. So it went a bit cloudly.

You could always do a few 50% water changes maybe? Just to clear the water a bit (being careful not to stir the sand up again when you replace the water).
Otherwise hopefully it should settle in the next 24hours or so. Aswell as some particles being trapped in the filter of course.

How well did you clean the sand? So long as you cleaned it really well then a bit of cloudiness should be fine.
If you look at the picture in my sig you can see a faint faint cloudiness.

I thoroughly cleaned my sand before it went in, and it's been in for around 6months. But I'd done a HUGE tank clearout that day and stirred all the sand up. So it went a bit cloudly.

You could always do a few 50% water changes maybe? Just to clear the water a bit (being careful not to stir the sand up again when you replace the water).
Otherwise hopefully it should settle in the next 24hours or so. Aswell as some particles being trapped in the filter of course.

Oh god NOOOOOOOO!!! I didn't clean the sand.... I am so stupid :( *mad*

I just thought it was like the gravel.... sorry to swear but ####!!!!

Is this really bad... poor Rufus!!

It is slowly clearing :cry:

Most reactions

Back