The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Telzar

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon tank with guppies, blood eyed tetras, danios, 2 yo-yo loaches, a school of neons, and one red wag platy. I was wondering what else I can feed my fish besidesĀ tetra color tropical flakes? I want a nice and health tank. Also, what can I feed guppy fry? As a future reference, what can I feed Clown loaches, ottos, snails, and plecos?

Guppy fry are relatively large for fry, you can feed them the same flakes as adults, but "crushed" to a smaller size. For the rest of your fish, any decent flake or pellet food will suit the fish you have. Adult clown loaches as you will have seen if you've read these forum will require a larger tank than 55 gal, smaller ones will eat much the same as other tropicals. Ottos and Plecos require a more veggy orientated diet. Algae wafers would be a good base

I posted this in another section of these foirums, but you can alkso try bugs. Yes, those nasty creatures around your home and yard. Just squish them first so the fish can get the insides.

However, DO NOT use bugs around your house if:
- the "bug" uses venom (like spiders, even though they aren't bugs)
- you use pesticides anywhere in your house
- you live in an apartment and anyone in your BUILDING uses pesticides
- it's still somewhat alive and is a predatorial bug (like praying mantis)

One good source for my own guppy fry has been house flies that have eggs they never laid. My guppy fry chow down on those eggs! Also those big "roaches" or "palmetto bugs" that come out at night during summer made a feast for my adult guppies and betta females.

And the best part about bugs (besides being a totally natural diet for many fish) is the fun in watching them attack it and eat it!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back