Tragic News

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Verminator89

Jack Dempsey Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, regrettably i'm informing you all that this morning i was informed (whilst i was at work), that my beloved Jack Dempsey is no more. for some unknown reason he has died, even now he looks the picture of perfect health, and all his companions are perfectly healthy with water in great condition - i'm baffled. It's just one of those things though. Its come as a complete shock as just the other day he and his partner were shimmying up alongside each other, but alas he is no more.

Devastated doesn't even come close to how i'm feeling right now. Just 12 months ago i was offered £100 for a guy to take him off my hands as a breeding project, and now he's died at the mere age of 3 (this october).

It's a sad sad day for me, and the Jack Dempsey Journal will now come to a close, as i plan something else with this tank. This loss has really put me off Cichlids, atleast for the time being. I'll be focussing my efforts onto my planted side for a while and turning his 280L into a paludarium of sorts.

All current stock will soon be in the classifieds more than likely.

DSC_1281.jpg

NewPicture-1.png

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

R.I.P
Jack
July 2008 - August 2011

Gutted, alas fish-keeping goes on :) time for something new

Gutted for you mate, a great fish & a worthy winner of FOTM. Hope the replacement will bring as much joy to you.

James.

the worst part of fishkeeping , it happens for no reason sometimes and generally to your most coveted fish

:sad:

Very bad news that is..... I personally thought it was one of the most beautiful fresh waters I've ever seen..... (I even posted a pic of it on a South African fish forum (with permission of course) and everyone loved it..... Sorry for your loss...... You can get another one, but it will never replace this one......

My sentiment exactly Ludwig (or should that be cheetah?), i could get another one, at an expensive cost though, but the chance of getting one as stunning as he was is like playing the lottery at times. Nothing will ever come close to that, so i'm heading down the paludarium road for a while :)

Yup, he was truly a magnificent looking fish. I guess his early demise may have something to do with general genetic weaknesses that seem to be associated with the electric blue gene(s).

Really sorry for your loss.

Ahh mate thats a real shocker i know how much you loved him

when your ready put me first in line for your female as my male would love a mate

As i said to you earlier James, i am really sorry to hear this news. :( Such a big shock.

Totally devastated for you mate :(

Yup, he was truly a magnificent looking fish. I guess his early demise may have something to do with general genetic weaknesses that seem to be associated with the electric blue gene(s).

Really sorry for your loss.

Yeah, i've experienced before first hand how weak they are as juvi's so know all about it. However i didn't quite anticipate it be a problem later in his life. He's always been the most resilient fish whatever has happened in my tanks, atleast visually he was. Then this, hmmm. Well,

Chris, i'll concider you first in line when i come to move her on. She suddenly seems so lonely all of a sudden :(

cheers mate i have plenty to keep her company

i just hope my blue gets half as nice as him

Really sad for you :( I hate the thought of loosing a fish in their prime! Its a beautiful tank you have though!

I understand the move away from cichlids I hazard a guess that if I lost my Nic and Sev then I would totally change direction as well.

Wills

shame you want to move away from somehing you obviuily have put a lot of time and got a a lot back from !!
try not to rush in to selling your fish might just regret it one day !!! sorry 4 loss !!!

Most reactions

trending

Back