FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Linkandnavi

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Haven't done this before but thought I'd post my current tank setups. Apologies for the quality of photos/reflections. Taken just before dawn, room lights off, blinds closed and tank lights on and still have reflections... :rolleyes:

Anyhow!

PXL_20211116_080852312.jpg

Tank #1: Angelfish community in my living room.

Tank: Juwel Rio 450 (450l / 119 US gallons)
Lighting: Juwel Multilux LED (included)
Filtration: Aquael Ultramax 2000 and Aquael Ultramax 1000 (+ 2 double-air driven sponge filters, but for oxygenation rather than filtration)
Heaters: Aquael Flow Inline 500w (rubbish and they've actually discontinued them now) and Fluval E300
Stocking: 6 angelfish (bought as babies but have formed two breeding pairs), 6 Boesemani Rainbows, 6 Denison Barbs, 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, 8 Venezuelan Orange Laser Corydoras and 1 baby Rainbowshark.

PXL_20211116_081032472.jpg

Tank #2: Peaceful community in the dining room

Tank: Fluval Roma 240 (240l / 63 US gallons)
Lighting: Fluval Aquasky LED
Filtration: Fluval 407 (+ 1 double-air driven sponge filters, but for oxygenation rather than filtration)
Heaters: Fluval M300
Stocking: 20 Cardinal Tetras, 8 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish, 9 Pacific Blue-eyes, 6 Pygmy Corydoras and about a million constantly reproducing cherry shrimp

PXL_20211116_081139625.jpg

Tank #3: Betta Tank in my garden office (tank needs a bit of maintenance but water change due tomorrow)

Tank: 24l / 6.3 US gallon tank from NACD Aquatics
Lighting: Nicrew LED
Filtration: Aqua 50 Internal
Heaters: Aquael Ultra 50w
Stocking: 1 Betta (hiding as the light just turned on).

PXL_20211116_081202523.jpg

Tank #4: Mini Community in my garden office

Tank: Custom build from NACD Aquatics (140l / 37 US gallons)
Lighting: AllPondSolutions LED (will upgrade to Fluval Aquasky when I can - current light non-adjustable :()
Filtration: Seachem Tidal 55 HOB
Heaters: Aquael Platinum 200W
Stocking: 2 Honey Gourami, 2 Kribensis (breeding pair), 9 Lambchop Rasbora, 8 Spotted Headstanders, 5 Ember Tetras (rescued, so not ideal numbers/combo), 3 Otocinclus.

Currently having an algae imbalance due to recent replanting but it keeps the otos happy.

PXL_20211116_090812649.jpg

Tank #5: Ranchu Tank in my garden office

Tank: Fluval Roma 240 (240l / 63 US gallons)
Lighting: Fluval Aquasky LED
Filtration: Fluval 407 (+ 2 double-air driven sponge filters, but for oxygenation rather than filtration)
Heaters: Fluval M300
Stocking: 3 Ranchu Goldfish

(Java ferns covered in algae. Tap water has high phosphate and no algae eaters in the tank. Considering removing the javas and rocks, and just adding some moss balls).

PXL_20211116_081327766.jpg

Tank #6: Fry/Quarantine Tank in my garden office

Tank: Marina Vue 87 (87l / 23 US gallons)
Lighting: Marina LED (built-in)
Filtration: Seachem Tidal 35 HOB
Heaters: Aquael Ultra 100W
Stocking: Currently 10 Kribensis fry. Sometimes used for Krib fry, sometimes for Angelfish fry. When my latest tank is up and running (see below) will switch it over for use as a quarantine tank for new arrivals as that tank is stocked.

PXL_20211116_081410585.jpg

Tank #7 Coming soon for garden office

Just commissioned a custom build to go in this space, for a 764 / 202 US gallon tank from NACD Aquatics. Haven't decided on stocking yet. I keep switching between (a) making use of the only tank of this size I'll ever be able to have to include some Clown Loaches and other large tank-necessary fish, (b) have a lively display of 100 Tiger Barbs as a species only tank, or (c) have it as a giant community tank of platies, various schools of tetras, cherry barbs etc. Slightly leaning towards (c) at the moment but by the time I've scraped the money together for the equipment, substrate etc, it's going to be a few months so have I time to think. Thoughts?

I plan on doing a tank build journal on this one, once the tank arrives.

Matt.

Attachments

• PXL_20211116_081300798.jpg
    PXL_20211116_081300798.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 93
Wow love these! The first tank is my favourite, Bosemanis are on my bucket list to keep at some point very soon, are your the regular kind or one of the sub species?

How have you found NCAD as a tank builder? I'm on the lookout at the moment for a custom tank but not heard of them before.

Wills

These are awesome! Not only are they great, but each one is unique. If I could get one of my tanks to look this good I'd be happy.

Wow love these! The first tank is my favourite, Bosemanis are on my bucket list to keep at some point very soon, are your the regular kind or one of the sub species?

How have you found NCAD as a tank builder? I'm on the lookout at the moment for a custom tank but not heard of them before.

Wills

Thank you! The Boesemanis are regular (purchased from my local Maidenhead Aquatics). If I was ever to redo that tank, I think I'd make it a rainbowfish exclusive tank, with a larger group of Boesmanis and a group of Blehers.

In terms of tank builders, just to be clear I'm talking about NACD Aquariums. I know there is a relatively similarly named ND Aquatics, of which I have no experience. I`m happy with my NACD tanks. The Betta tank was a general listing on their website which I purchased. That was 25l and cost £37 with foam base and glass sliders for the lid. The mini community tank (tank #4 above) was a custom build to fit my racking. That's 140l with foam mat, glass sliders and 6mm glass and cost £175.

Build quality-wise I have no reason to complain. They seem solidly built and the custom tank met my specifications.

My only hesitation in recommending would be timing and communication. The betta tank arrived quickly, although the day after it was scheduled as they say their van broke down. Not an issue but they didn't tell me when I was waiting in for it. I only found out because I phoned the evening delivery was due to ask where it was. The custom tank took six weeks from order to delivery and had to chase a couple of times (website says working days). I've been trying to get a quote for the new custom 200 gallon for about a month now. At first I was told my email had gone into their spam - did I still want the quote. I said yes and then heard nothing back. Have now tried via Facebook Messenger, which seems to generally get more success and you can see when they've read your message - although I'm still waiting. They have a team that builds and delivers the tank but seemingly just one bloke who does customer service and he seems a bit overwhelmed... Given the tank is likely to be around £800 I'm guessing (always jealous of those 1$ per gallon sales they seem to get in the US), I feel a bit like they should be chasing my custom, not the other way around...

So recommend for the tanks if you're prepared to persevere a bit!

These are awesome! Not only are they great, but each one is unique. If I could get one of my tanks to look this good I'd be happy.
Thanks. That's really kind. I try to make all of my tanks different (layout and stocking) so looking forward to having fun with setting up the 200 gallon when it comes along :)

Brilliant. Love the uniqueness of each set up. Some absolutely beautiful fish and fantastic looking tanks. Look forward to seeing the next one 😍

U.K. customer service is generally shocking.
I emailed the other lot about a custom tank in May last year. Still waiting! I’m not actually as I found one that was perfect on eBay once the lockdown started easing for businesses. They’ve not got back is what I meant.

Brilliant. Love the uniqueness of each set up. Some absolutely beautiful fish and fantastic looking tanks. Look forward to seeing the next one 😍
Thank you 🙂 I'm looking forward to starting the next one! Going to have to come up with something different for it 👍

U.K. customer service is generally shocking.
I emailed the other lot about a custom tank in May last year. Still waiting! I’m not actually as I found one that was perfect on eBay once the lockdown started easing for businesses. They’ve not got back is what I meant.
Yup! It's like they don't actually want to sell you stuff ...

@Linkandnavi - beautiful tanks, I’m very jealous ☹️

EDIT: Just to say I’m still waiting for a standard tank, managed to get hold of them on the phone yesterday and they thought it had been dispatched, but I haven’t had an email. They said it might be today or tomorrow…so I’ll chase again if I have to…

fish that get 12 inches+ are going to look too huge even in a 200 gallon tank, so I would go for smaller fish
what are your tap water parameters, so I can suggest stocking?

@Linkandnavi - beautiful tanks, I’m very jealous ☹️

EDIT: Just to say I’m still waiting for a standard tank, managed to get hold of them on the phone yesterday and they thought it had been dispatched, but I haven’t had an email. They said it might be today or tomorrow…so I’ll chase again if I have to…
Is that from NACD?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back