Interested in SW...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Went ahead and ordered everything. Total came out to $127, which is less than I thought it would be!

Should come in soon, hopefully on Monday.

—-

If you want to see my process on rescaling my 20g long to clear out the 29g, you can check out my journal: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/aquascaper-20g.468653/

Ok, finally got my 29g taken down, although it’s not cleaned out.

Today my plan to get all of the sand/muck out, clean the equipment, and clean the tank.

—-

My Amazon order should get here today! Super pumped.

I won’t be able to actually set it up, because I won’t be able to get the salt until tomorrow night. Then I have work on Wednesday. Tank will probably get actually setup on Thursday. :rolleyes:

Will will eventually purchase an RO filter (around $60) once I get the funds. It depends on how much I work and what my pay looks like.

I might purchase before I get actual livestock, not sure yet...

Ok, finally got my 29g taken down, although it’s not cleaned out.

Today my plan to get all of the sand/muck out, clean the equipment, and clean the tank.

—-

My Amazon order should get here today! Super pumped.

I won’t be able to actually set it up, because I won’t be able to get the salt until tomorrow night. Then I have work on Wednesday. Tank will probably get actually setup on Thursday. :rolleyes:
Man I wish my Amazon orders would arrive that quick. It takes my orders over a week to arrive.

Man I wish my Amazon orders would arrive that quick. It takes my orders over a week to arrive.
Dang, where are you located? Here, Amazon is 1-2 days.

Sand is already delivered (though I haven't picked it up yet) and the others will be delivered by end of day. The light will come in tomorrow.

Dang, where are you located? Here, Amazon is 1-2 days.

Sand is already delivered (though I haven't picked it up yet) and the others will be delivered by end of day. The light will come in tomorrow.
Homer Alaska

It takes 10-14 days for mail to get delivered to my place, and it takes that long regardless of where it is posted from. I was waiting for mail from the real estate agent and it took forever. I eventually posted some envelopes to myself and dated each one. Low and behold it took 10-14 days for an envelope to get to my place when it was posted at the mail box 2km up the road.

Parcels are a bit quicker depending on who they come from. I got some stuff from people on Ebay and had the items within 4-5 days. I got some stuff from Lego over east (same city as the people from Ebay) and it took 23 days. And the freight from Ebay was 1/3 the price of the freight from Lego. Lego got an ear bashin for that :)

Some items came in!!
  • Powerhead
  • Hydrometer
  • Sand
  • Bottled bacteria
  • NLS food
Still to come in:
  • Light

FD335D21-D4A8-4565-9DDD-EB501BC02F1D.jpeg

I will be getting the 5g bucket and salt tomorrow night. I have work the next day, so I probably won’t be able to get the tank setup until Thursday.

Sand is still moist, and expiration date isn’t for another year, so the bacteria should still be alive.

—-

Tasks for right now:
  • Get the 29g completely taken down (all progress on that can be found here)
  • Clean the equipment
—-

@Colin_T, because the media/bb in my HOB filter is still good, should I just let it dry out, because I’ll be growing more bacteria with the bottled stuff?

Last edited:
Tank is completely drained! Man it feels good to say that. ☺️

Space looks very empty:
D034A7A7-5068-447C-AEE8-D0981F430BFD.jpeg

The tank is in the tub (a towel is under it so the tub doesn’t damage the tank) awaiting cleaning:
5DACB690-E64B-4FD5-976B-68A568E0FBED.jpeg

Rescued 60+ cherry shrimp. Took about 40 minutes, but I’m finally done :whistle:
6CE76D57-A4F5-4F76-8E67-44D4E3C04E94.jpeg

This tank really is big, much bigger than I thought. It makes my 10g look like a fish bowl.

After I get it cleaned, it’s going back on the bench!

Got it emptied and replaced!
3D6874AB-8D60-46F5-998A-0A387D8E7AD6.jpeg

840E6CEE-206B-49E4-B862-2D71A98A7699.jpeg

I just need to do minor cleaning inside, but other than that, I’m nearly through. :thumbs:

I will make an actual journal, starting from here on out.

This thread is for my questions. :)

WOWWWWWW. Oh man that makes it look MASSIVE. I am thoroughly excited to see what’s next!
It’s really is huge! ?

I’ll make a journal tomorrow. I’ll update on that thread, for my build.

——

I’m going to call my LFS soon (either tonight or tomorrow) to see how much their live rock is. I hope it’s not that much. ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back