Interested in SW...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Spend another 40 kins trying to catch that one lol

I once sold all the fish and plants from my tank, drained it down but left the substrate in to clean the next day.

The next found BN that I had missed, lying in less than 1/4 inch of cold water. Had to take it to the lfs and they wouldn't take it to sell, so gave it to a member of staff instead
That sounds about right. ?

This is so frustrating, because now I have to make another trip in town, just to get rid of this one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't know anybody closer that have a tank that could have the fish?

How much will cost you (time+fuel) to take it to lfs, how much are they paying you for one fish?

So may be cheaper to give it away

Uh, er... there’s still 1 Bloodfin left in there. ?

UGGHHHH. I thought I got all of them, but that one is still in there. I thought maybe one had died, and I didn’t know about it, but low and behold, he’s just swimming around! Now what am I supposed to do!? ?
Oh nooooooooooooo! How far away is your fish store? It will probably be ok for a few days without its buddies? Maybe it would be alright in your other tank for a few days until you can make it to town. All my school fish randomly school together sometimes, maybe just having a few other schoolers around will help it feel safer and less stressed for the couple days u til you can take it?

Just caught it, and am going to retake it away to my LFS shortly. That was a close one, glad my parents decided to let me go!

It’s only about 15 minutes away from me, so not bad. :good:

Yup! Drop off went super smooth.

——

Not sure when I’ll be getting all the other “stuff”, depends on when I get payed.

I should be able to takedown the tank tomorrow, or the next day.

GET A BIGGER NET, get 2.

The marine fish need variety in their diet just like freshwater fishes do. Get some frozen food (assuming you don't already have some) and use that in conjunction with dry food.
FYI, they will usually eat food for freshwater fish, that includes dry food.

Lol, yes, I do need a bigger net. :lol:

I’ll get some dry food at my LFS. Do they prefer any specific type?

——

Recapping my 20g long and taking down my 29g is going to be a mess. ?

Some rescaping may be able to get done today, not really sure.

That big piece of driftwood from my 29g, will go over to my 20g long. (It’s my Plecos favorite)

——

This is going to be a big project, so hopefully I don’t get called into work. ?

Starting to plan out in my head, what I want to get done today and how I want the scape to look...

My fish are not going to be happy when I start taking things out of the tank and rearranging things in the other tank.

Ok, big day today! Going to finally rescape my 20g and take down the 29g.

——

I decided to go with the Instant Ocean Bio-Spira, instead of the Brightwell stuff, because @Krib32 recommended it.

——

My current list: (please let me know if I’m forgetting anything)
  • Instant Ocean Hydrometer
  • CaribSea Live Sand 20lb
  • Nicrew Classic Saltwater LED Light
  • New Life Spectrum SW Pellets
  • Instant Ocean Salt
This is the list for things to get at my LFS: (the above was for Amazon)
  • Live Rock (probably 5-8 pieces, depending on size)
  • Possibly artificial anemones, if they have any I like
Am I forgetting anything?

Ok, big day today! Going to finally rescape my 20g and take down the 29g.

——

I decided to go with the Instant Ocean Bio-Spira, instead of the Brightwell stuff, because @Krib32 recommended it.

——

My current list: (please let me know if I’m forgetting anything)
  • Instant Ocean Hydrometer
  • CaribSea Live Sand 20lb
  • Nicrew Classic Saltwater LED Light
  • New Life Spectrum SW Pellets
  • Instant Ocean Salt
This is the list for things to get at my LFS: (the above was for Amazon)
  • Live Rock (probably 5-8 pieces, depending on size)
  • Possibly artificial anemones, if they have any I like
Am I forgetting anything?
Do you have a powerhead to mix the salt? I just bought a cheap one off amazin for mixing.

Do you have a powerhead to mix the salt? I just bought a cheap one off amazin for mixing.
No, and thank you for reminding me! I’ll add it to my list. :)

(I’m also going to get a separate 5g bucket for saltwater, so teas of using my freshwater one for both)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back