How Big Was The Biggest Fish You Have Ever Had?

matchstickman47

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
1,574
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
london UK
im just interested in what others have so

how big is the biggest you've got or how big was the biggest you've had?

and
how long is the longest you have ever kept a single fish?
 
im just interested in what others have so

how big is the biggest you've got or how big was the biggest you've had?

and
how long is the longest you have ever kept a single fish?
Biggest fish I've had? Probably the 2ft long koi I rescued and tried to treat, I also kept a 14-16 inch bullhead catfish and at the moment my largest pet fish is 9-10 inch green sunfish (who is a little spoiled pig). Getting a couple largemouth bass soon so they will be the biggest at some point :P
Longest I kept a single fish was probably when I was younger I kept a bluegill for probably 3-4 years in a small tank feeding him bugs and pellets, he went to my friends when we moved and was later released into a pond.. Hopefully he is still alive and thriving somewhere :D
 
my biggest fish so far is my gibbicep at around 15inch ish guestimate, however i do have two channa which will max around 183 cm / 48+inches......however theres a reason i have these, they WILL NOT go to anyone so until i find there suitble home i will keep them here,
my longest living fish i have is 7-8years and is a hoplo catfish :good: is still here now
 
My biggest fish is my common plecs, one is 16" (when last measured)
The longest time I had a fish was a koi, I had him 10 years before he was stolen with others from the pond.
 
i dont particularly have any big fish =[

but my longest lived fish was my goldfish, he/she died last week he was 17 years old!
 
the biggest fish i have is my koi. it has probably just gone past 20 inch. Last time i measured it, it was 18 1/2 inch and it was early May time. She is about 6 years old now

Longest ive had a single fish for ive had would be the first koi i bought 8 years ago.
 
i have a koi thats about 70-80cm

oh and some of my koi are over 20 years old...which is still very young for a koi
 
Never had large fish lol,

Largest and longest :blink: Was my fairground fish nelson that i won aged 7, he lived in a 21 litre plastic tank with no filter for 4 years,
made me feel awful to say that now that i know how awful it must have been for him :unsure:

Got a 3 1/2 ft catfish, 1 1/2 ft black shark and fully grown pacu at work though, doubt they'll ever sell
 
Well I have young blue acara once they grow they will be my largest but right now my keyhole is a wee bit bigger but not for long only 4". My first betta is my longest lived fish 5 years old. But I have a few plecos I think will out live that.
 
Biggest is my pearsei which is around 15", and about 3 inches thick-fat old thing.
 
I have a 20 inch fire eel who is the biggest fish I have ever had

The oldest fish I have now is my Bichir which I have had 3 yrs or so but I once had a clown lach for about 7 yrs till a piece of slate fell and crushed him, to say I was gutted was an udersatemet
 
6 inch comet goldfish (not technically mine but I looked after it, family pets ehh!).

At the moment my Betta at about 3.5cm, he's only a baby really so still lots of growing to go though he'll never be as big as some of the others :good: I really like the smaller fish species anyway, where I work they have lots of marine tanks and some of the residents are monsters around 1-2 feet.
 
mine has to be Bo, hes about 11/12 inches ( hes in my sig :) ) big heavy lump he is,scares the life out of me splashing about! but love him to bits
 
mine was a 2ft silver arowana which died a few months back
21042009214.jpg


and the biggest now is my marbled clarias catfish @ 18"
01052009249.jpg

01052009250-2.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top