Honest opinions on my tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So, bad news 😕

My beloved Dwarf gouramie passed away a week or two ago, very suddenly. The morning he was fine and eating, la
Ter in the day he was very unresponsive and just floating beneith the survace, but head up.

So I placed him into my quarantine tank, just to be sure and give him a fighting chance.
Later that day he was laying at bottom of the tank, breathing very heavily. I put some medication in at that point to try to save him, but the next morning, he had passed away.

Now, my placo keeps bullying my Corydoras paleatus. Evertime he payed down at the bottom, he would be chased away. He was starting tog et a little lethargic, so I tried to rehoke him with my Buenos Aires tetra in the ~120 little tank, went very well for a few days, lethargy seemingly improved, but this morning, I found him stuck to the filter... He is still alive, but has some sores on the side that was stuck, so now I set up the quarantine tank again, and am currently getting him acclimated to the water, but it's not looking good for him.

I've never had a live fish stuck to the filter, some dead ones rarely, but I have no idea how to help him.
I have medication for a large variety of desease, should I add that once he is aclimated?
So sorry for the loss of your gourami...

And sorry your other fish not doing well... Are you able to share a picture of the sick fish? You don't want to use medications. A lot of the medications for fish can be really harsh and cause issues, with only a handful of medicines that actually do good.

I will try and see if I can get one, he his currently laying in a make shift cave I made him to get some rest!

Besides the sore spot from being sucked to the filter, nothing else seemed visually any diffent compared to his usual self.

He's always looked a little rugged since I have him, which is why we call him our little zombie fish.

My best guess at the moment would be, that the bullying strained him too much, or that it might be some after effect from the who knows how long neglect he endured

I will try and see if I can get one, he his currently laying in a make shift cave I made him to get some rest!

Besides the sore spot from being sucked to the filter, nothing else seemed visually any diffent compared to his usual self.

He's always looked a little rugged since I have him, which is why we call him our little zombie fish.

My best guess at the moment would be, that the bullying strained him too much, or that it might be some after effect from the who knows how long neglect he endured
Salt would help with the healing of the wound.
You can use API's salt as it has no additives and has good instructions on how to use it

I'll have to research what the German equivalent is, a so currently have no salt at all besides regular cooking salt, and I have absolutely no experience with adding salt to the water

But I'll do my research! Thank you for the helpful Tipp <3

No problem
Just make sure that whatever salt you get, it has no additional ingredients

So, bad news 😕

My beloved Dwarf gouramie passed away a week or two ago, very suddenly. The morning he was fine and eating, la
Ter in the day he was very unresponsive and just floating beneith the survace, but head up.

So I placed him into my quarantine tank, just to be sure and give him a fighting chance.
Later that day he was laying at bottom of the tank, breathing very heavily. I put some medication in at that point to try to save him, but the next morning, he had passed away.

Now, my placo keeps bullying my Corydoras paleatus. Evertime he payed down at the bottom, he would be chased away. He was starting tog et a little lethargic, so I tried to rehoke him with my Buenos Aires tetra in the ~120 little tank, went very well for a few days, lethargy seemingly improved, but this morning, I found him stuck to the filter... He is still alive, but has some sores on the side that was stuck, so now I set up the quarantine tank again, and am currently getting him acclimated to the water, but it's not looking good for him.

I've never had a live fish stuck to the filter, some dead ones rarely, but I have no idea how to help him.
I have medication for a large variety of desease, should I add that once he is aclimated?

I'm sorry about the gourami - which fish is now having problems and was stuck to the filter? The cory or the pleco?
You had a single cory on it's own? What species of pleco?

It would be better to make a new thread in the emergencies section for heath problems like this. This is a long thread and people won't want to read the whole thing to get an idea of what might be happening, and not know that there's a fish that needs help when it's at the end of an older, unrelated thread. Please make a new thread in the emegencies section, best to copy paste and fill out the template below, so people can get a quick and thorough idea of the situation, and more people will see it and be able to help!

Template:
Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

I'm sorry about the gourami - which fish is now having problems and was stuck to the filter? The cory or the pleco?
You had a single cory on it's own? What species of pleco?

It would be better to make a new thread in the emergencies section for heath problems like this. This is a long thread and people won't want to read the whole thing to get an idea of what might be happening, and not know that there's a fish that needs help when it's at the end of an older, unrelated thread. Please make a new thread in the emegencies section, best to copy paste and fill out the template below, so people can get a quick and thorough idea of the situation, and more people will see it and be able to help!

Template:
Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):
Ayyy Belle! I was getting worried like: "Where she been" lol. Glad to see you back!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back