The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sparklehoofs

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a lot of tanks. All have been running fine for months. Some heavily planted. 2 planted tanks have just turned upside down and have no idea why.
1 had only green spot algae and I just removed the plant it was affecting before dosing with phosphate to fix this.

The second tank had always been so luscious and green. The anubias flowered. The plants pearled with no Co2.

All of a sudden the anubias has green spot, the flower is brown and I have this white dust show up recently as in within 2 days. No idea what it is?

I use nicrew plant lights. Dose with fertiliser weekly and the odd excel treatment. I haven't changed anything.
Parameters are 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate - always been this way. PH 6.8. Temp 26c.

The filter is a sponge attached to powerhead type filter. It's only a 30litre nano tank. So it's not anything internal from the filter.

The only thing that might have changed recently is my tap water. I never tested the KH or GH before until I noticed green spot algae and my KH is 0 and GH test I'm unsure it's even working. Supposed to go from red to green but looks a kind of brown green regardless of the amount of drops.
I can't be positive the tap water was ever different. It might have always been extremely soft.

So, does anyone know what the white dust stuff might be? Or have any advice.

Attachments

• 20220702_174117.jpg
    20220702_174117.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220702_174059.jpg
    20220702_174059.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 65
Could it be the eggs of Nerite snails? They did that to my rocks and it took months for those to fade away.

i think the white stuff is just biofilm or something if the tank is new?
did you get the anubias from cloning yourself or buying from stores? if its buying from stores they may be raised emersed and will need to grow a new set of leaves in order to live in water

i think the white stuff is just biofilm or something if the tank is new?
did you get the anubias from cloning yourself or buying from stores? if its buying from stores they may be raised emersed and will need to grow a new set of leaves in order to live in water
Tank is nearly a year old. And the anubias I bought in the shop at the same time. Only a few weeks ago it looked amazing with the flower and everything. Something has gone down the swanny in the tank anyway. Green spot algae and this white stuff. Haven't a clue what's going on. Thanks for your input though.
Could it be the eggs of Nerite snails? They did that to my rocks and it took months for those to fade away.
Not eggs unfortunately. Wish it was. Atleast I'd have an answer. 😂

Only a few weeks ago it looked amazing with the flower and everything. Something has gone down the swanny in the tank anyway. Green spot algae and this white stuff. Haven't a clue what's going on.
What have you changed in the tank during the last 2 weeks?

Still using the same light and fertiliser?
Still doing water changes?
Has the water company changed the water source?
Have you added anything to the tank in the last 2 weeks?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back