Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have had 2 Skagens and broke crystals broke. They are the only watches I've ever had where crystals broke by either dropping or accidentally knocking against an object. I will not buy another one for that reason. Nice looking watches though.
Hmmm. Not really advisable for the construction industry then. Thanks for the heads up.

Acrylic crystals are extremely cheap and break/scratch easily. Here is a little blip I found on it:

"The covering of the watch dial. Acrylic, mineral, and sapphire are the three types of crystals commonly used in watches. Acrylic crystal is an inexpensive plastic that allows shallow scratches to be buffed out. Mineral crystal is composed of several elements that are heat-treated to create an unusual hardness that helps resist scratches. Sapphire is the most expensive and durable crystal, approximately three times harder than mineral crystals and 20 times harder than acrylic crystals."

My GD350 has a Mineral face. I have worn it every single day for almost a year now and it only has one tiny little scratch. But other than that, the face looks brand new. (Thanks to the material and the bezel)

I'll upload pictures of my cheapy's tomorrow, and show you the difference. ;)
My skagen watch supposedly has a sapphire crystal . But it is convex shaped which may cause it to be more prone to breaking if dropped or banged. My other watches have a flat crystal and even though dropped, the crystals stayed intact. Skagen makes great looking watches but you have to treat them with great care.

Last edited:
Here’s a skagen with mineral flat crystal.
F6A45528-4AFD-43EA-B30B-9B93B98A2FFA.png

My skagen watch supposedly has a sapphire crystal . But it is convex shaped which may cause it to be more prone to breaking if dropped or banged. My other watches have a flat crystal and even though dropped, the crystals stayed intact. Skagen makes great looking watches but you have to treat them with great care.
Nice, looks like a sharp watch.

I’ll ride in it locally but not far. Unless someone just gave it away for nothing and low miles. I hate being stranded. :)
Speaking of mileage, my moms van has over 2,000,550 miles on it. She has had it since 2005 and got when around the time I was born!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back