Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Speaking of mileage, my moms van has over 2,000,550 miles on it. She has had it since 2005 and got when around the time I was born!
I was looking for a secondhand car a while back and someone was selling a 2006 Ford Falcon station wagon with 1.5 million kms on the clock. They wanted $15000 for it. Similar cars with lower kms (200,000kms) normally sell for $2-5000, so I don't know where the seller got off wanting $15000 for a car with over a million kms on the clock.

I was looking for a secondhand car a while back and someone was selling a 2006 Ford Falcon station wagon with 1.5 million kms on the clock. They wanted $15000 for it. Similar cars with lower kms (200,000kms) normally sell for $2-5000, so I don't know where the seller got off wanting $15000 for a car with over a million kms on the clock.
Wow. They still make those over there? They quit selling them over here in about 1968.

I think 2009 was the last Falcon wagon made here. They were and still are a very good car. They have a really good engine and gear box and literally keep going even after 1 million kms. Not many cars have engines or gearboxes that will do those distances. And their bodies hold up well too.

It's just a shame they stopped making wagons and make all wheel drive crap now. Stupid oversized wannabe 4wds for the average Joe who wants a 4wd to park on his lawn, but without the 4wd price tag.

Speaking of mileage, my moms van has over 2,000,550 miles on it. She has had it since 2005 and got when around the time I was born!

Your ma, has the magic. I didn't know a car could roll THAT long. Wait, you've got the magic too. I was barely conscious at your age!

Last edited:
I think 2009 was the last Falcon wagon made here. They were and still are a very good car. They have a really good engine and gear box and literally keep going even after 1 million kms. Not many cars have engines or gearboxes that will do those distances. And their bodies hold up well too.

It's just a shame they stopped making wagons and make all wheel drive crap now. Stupid oversized wannabe 4wds for the average Joe who wants a 4wd to park on his lawn, but without the 4wd price tag.
My hubbie loved Ford Falcons..

Your ma, has the magic. I didn't know a car could roll THAT long. Wait, you've got the magic too. I was barely conscious at your age!
LOL! Yup! We take good care of it, I guess that’s why it has lasted so long. When it needs fixing we get it fixed.

They sure don’t make em’ like they used to! :rofl:

talk about BLING...you can either have a nice car or this rolex watch.
Just $25,000 and it can be yours!
ROLEX
s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
talk about BLING...you can either have a nice car or this rolex watch.
Just $25,000 and it can be yours!
ROLEX
s-l1600.jpg
Oh that's just a cheap one:nod:

You could buy a small house or this watch. You'd have to be a seriously greedy person to waste money on watches.

20201124_084546.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A bloke at work buys a PP then registers with a few dealers and wears em until the dealers start contacting him with offers of more than the initial purchase price. They know not to bother otherwise.
By then he will of worked out what his next watch is gonna be, a bit of bargaining and the process starts again.
The high end used watch market is a low end money launderers paradise.

Oh that's just a cheap one:nod:

You could buy a small house or this watch. You'd have to be a seriously greedy person to waste money on watches.

View attachment 123437
@evanb If you have the money and like watches then why would it be any greedier than anything else? I have 14 fish tanks because I love fish and can afford them but to some that may be greedy. I also have a Rolex that was given to me as a gift. I donate money to charities and help feed the hungry. I give to a Christian radio station monthly. I don’t think I’m greedy. A watch, car, house, etc. doesn’t define who you are. It’s what’s inside your heart that defines that. I know some stingy wealthy people and I know some very generous wealthy people. Don’t judge a book by its cover. :)

@evanb If you have the money and like watches then why would it be any greedier than anything else? I have 14 fish tanks because I love fish and can afford them but to some that may be greedy. I also have a Rolex that was given to me as a gift. I donate money to charities and help feed the hungry. I give to a Christian radio station monthly. I don’t think I’m greedy. A watch, car, house, etc. doesn’t define who you are. It’s what’s inside your heart that defines that. I know some stingy wealthy people and I know some very generous wealthy people. Don’t judge a book by its cover. :)
Sorry. I still think it's extravagant

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back