Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Evidentially, according to @mcordelia , I am not entitled to my opinion. No one told me I had to stop if I became a Mod. I told them I didn’t want to be a Mod any longer for that very reason but I guess once a Mod, always a Mod. I seem to be stuck in the role. I’d rather just be a member. Mods get judged too much. Perhaps I just need to find another forum. I have enjoyed my time with you guys. Happy Holdays and please, stay safe! :).
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It is your choice if you wish to leave TFF - you can always ask dascrow if you would like to resign from your position as a moderator.

But "Timex takes a lickin' but keeps on ticken' .. From a vintage tv commercial .
Can’t view it if it’s a YT video, restrictions on my device... :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I already clarified my position but I think it posted at the same time, so maybe some confusion in the message there.

@Fishmanic Yes!! Another timeless slogan!!

@evanb That’s OK. Nothing wrong with extravagant. Just telling you not to judge a book by its cover. I wear jeans and t-shirts, Walmart brand, most of the time but I still have my Rolex. It is an investment and better than stocks these days. Do you own ANYTHING that is higher end brand or is everything you own just generic?
I'd rather not argue ok?
Sorry to be so boring..

I think G-Shocks look hideous.
Just my opinion. My brother used to wear them. I suppose if your doing hands on practical work then they a suitable watch but they're certainly not a classy watch. I quite like diesel watches, they have a similar rugged look but they're slightly more fashionable.

I do like diesel watches as well. I didn't know those still existed. I remember them being a thing in the early 2000's, or maybe I was just in the right phase of life to be paying attention to stuff like that lol

I do like diesel watches as well. I didn't know those still existed. I remember them being a thing in the early 2000's, or maybe I was just in the right phase of life to be paying attention to stuff like that lol
The majority of the decent ones these days look similar to this. 20201124_181728.jpg

lol @PheonixKingZ TFF is giving me ads for GShock watches now..... :rofl:
:hey:

I think G-Shocks look hideous.
Just my opinion. My brother used to wear them. I suppose if your doing hands on practical work then they a suitable watch but they're certainly not a classy watch. I quite like diesel watches, they have a similar rugged look but they're slightly more fashionable.
Oh no, definitely not classy. They are definitely rugged though. Some people don’t like the, because they are to bulky, which I can get - some of the bigger models are ridiculous! :crazy:

G-Shock does make some pretty nice dress watches though:https://www.gshock.com/digital-dress-watches

:hey:

Oh no, definitely not classy. They are definitely rugged though. Some people don’t like the, because they are to bulky, which I can get - some of the bigger models are ridiculous! :crazy:

G-Shock does make some pretty nice dress watches though:https://www.gshock.com/digital-dress-watches
Hey. have you got a job yet?
You should do marketing for G-Shock. Just a thought. You'd be good at it!

Hey. have you got a job yet?
You should do marketing for G-Shock. Just a thought. You'd be good at it!
I do work part time, yes! (I work at a distribution place, factory work except not as dangerous as it sounds lol. I do have a “I Got A Job” thread, ill post the link here later...)

I would love to market for G-Shock, that would be cool.(I am only 15 so... I don’t know if they would have me lol)

I plan to work at my LFS in the summer, if they will have me. :)

You could be a model for them. You don't have to have a pretty face to be a watch model, just clean hands:lol:
Naw, my hands are that good looking. They are ugly “woodsman” hands I believe is the term? The place I work really ruffs up my hands... :rofl:

@evanb interesting! I feel like the diesels that I was looking at way back when were super plain jane, not at all fancy with multiple dials and triangle decals on the face. I vividly remember a watch that was just three arms and the time adjuster dial that said DIESEL right across the dial. Very unassuming, but there was something about the font, and the colors, and the cut of the watch, and the band that just screamed MANLY MAN to me hahaha. You know... maybe it was my hormonal teenage self that might have also skewed reality a little bit ahahha
I am definitely treading into "weird" territory here, but did I just describe myself as having a crush on a watch....? :sick: where is an animated barf emoji when you need one....

Naw, my hands are that good looking. They are ugly “woodsman” hands I believe is the term? The place I work really ruffs up my hands... :rofl:
Oh! But that's what they want. Manly hands.
You are a boy aren't you? Is it only me or does anyone else picture everyone on the forum as boys? I'm weird

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back