Is this a rip off.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Country joe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought my first copy of Pratical Fish keeping magazine, and noticed which was an advert from the magazine called The Aquarium masterclass, at £14, I naturally thought it was a book butturned out to be a 42 page magazine I thought well there must be more to come at that price, but it looks like a one off.

Practical Fishkeeping had a great rep the last time I saw an issue. I haven't seen the 'master class', but a lot of similar things have been sold for years.

All print has jumped up in price. Hard copies of things like magazines or newspapers just don't sell as much as they used to. It's the internet age and someone can just find a free webpage instead of buying a magazine. So they had to increase prices to stay financially viable.

What information is in The Aquarium Masterclass papers?
If it has really good information then it might be worth the price, but if the information is of no relevance to you then it's probably not worth it.

Well I could read all of it in one hour, its also sponsored by API, there's photographs of their products on every page I've been getting practical fish keeping magazine, and at £6 is a good read, I just think £14 for a magazine is a bit much.

Well I could read all of it in one hour, its also sponsored by API, there's photographs of their products on every page I've been getting practical fish keeping magazine, and at £6 is a good read, I just think £14 for a magazine is a bit much.
I used to be editor of the ANGFA WA newsletter and didn't charge for that. It was normally 4 pages long and had articles and info on natives fishes. That 42 page magazine sounds like fancy junk mail if they have adds on every page. I certainly wouldn't buy more of them if it's got adds on every page. It shouldn't have adds on any page for the price of it.

You might also write to Practical Fishkeeper and inform them of the overpriced junk mail. Maybe suggest they look at the item themself and see if it warrants that type of price tag considering what is in it. And maybe they need to add more information about what is in it so people don't buy it and go what the fuplie.

Most reactions

Back