Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You say “plastic watch” like it some cheapy off of list.

Its chosen material was plastic because it is cheap. It doesn't matter how much they charge you financially, that is merely branding pricing. The fundamental image as I tried to explain is if you were bling to be bling you are cheap fundamentally. You will NEVER look classy or dressed up well in a PLASTIC material. Would you wear a plastic watch as a groom looking to wed a wife???? No self respecting woman would want wedding photos of her wearing a FitBit watch.... No matter how 'hip' they are supposed to look owing to social media trends. As for wear n tear, well, metal will always win over plastic.

I have to admit that for years I used plastic watch straps, the type that went behind the actual watch. I don't have full on nickel allergy but my grandmother suffered from it as does my son. I found that watch backs stuck to my skin and when I took them off, a layer of skin was stripped off as well. Then I discovered that painting the back of the watch with nail varnish solved the problem so now I can wear any watch I want. Strangely, metal bracelets do not have the same effect :huh:

I have to admit that for years I used plastic watch straps, the type that went behind the actual watch. I don't have full on nickel allergy but my grandmother suffered from it as does my son. I found that watch backs stuck to my skin and when I took them off, a layer of skin was stripped off as well. Then I discovered that painting the back of the watch with nail varnish solved the problem so now I can wear any watch I want. Strangely, metal bracelets do not have the same effect :huh:
Same thing happens to me.

Its chosen material was plastic because it is cheap. It doesn't matter how much they charge you financially, that is merely branding pricing. The fundamental image as I tried to explain is if you were bling to be bling you are cheap fundamentally. You will NEVER look classy or dressed up well in a PLASTIC material. Would you wear a plastic watch as a groom looking to wed a wife???? No self respecting woman would want wedding photos of her wearing a FitBit watch.... No matter how 'hip' they are supposed to look owing to social media trends. As for wear n tear, well, metal will always win over plastic.
I would wear a G-Shock if I got married, lol.

I wear a citizens ecodrive metal gold and black watch. It has a good looking and comfortable metal mesh band. The battery never needs replacing as it is charged thru the dial by either indoor or outdoor light. It shows the day and date. It looks sharp as either a dress watch or a casual watch. Only downside is that it is not waterproof but it is water resistant.
963E7347-770A-49F6-A823-DC5368FFE1AF.jpeg

I wear a citizens ecodrive metal gold and black watch. It has a good looking and comfortable metal mesh band. The battery never needs replacing as it is charged thru the dial by either indoor or outdoor light. It shows the day and date. It looks sharp as either a dress watch or a casual watch. Only downside is that it is not waterproof but it is water resistant.
View attachment 122783
Nice looking watch!

I hear the metal mesh is comfortable, they make a lot of bands like that these days.

I don’t get why people say the resin bands (on G-Shocks) are uncomfortable - I wear mine all day, no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking watch!

I hear the metal mess is comfortable, they make a lot of bands like that these days.

I don’t get why people say the resin bands (on G-Shocks) are uncomfortable - I wear mine all day, no issues.
Every watch are uncomfortable, that's why I don't wear them :thumbs:

For me, it's Citizen Eco Drive all the way.

I got two one set to daylight savings time the is not. So I recently started warring the old one . The new one is now attached to a lamp shade about 4 inches away from a led light. That keeps the battery charged hen I am not using it. If the battery discharges it may fail. That happened on my old watch. So out of the 2 eco drive watches I own I have only replaced 1 battery in 15 years.

If you want a watch that's robust and relatively good loving and is real military issue look at cwc........G-Shock are just proof on how good marketing inflates prices.
I have a Garmin on my wrist right now and when I dived I wore my dive computer as a watch.
Not one of these 'scuba watches' that are only called such as they have a rotating bezel and are rated to 20atm.

That makes 3 of us with Citizen eco drive watches :)
3 and a half. I had a citizen eco drive but it died on me a few years back. Well I say died. More like committed suicide by leaping from a scaffold onto a concrete car park then being ran over by a building site wagon. As it was outside most of the day it probably never needed charging though it still lived by the window.

I feel naked without a watch though never wore one from schooldays until turning 30.
Ive two omega seamasters that I never Wear now and have been intending to eBay since before lockdown they just need a cheapie service and one omega speedmaster that I love, will keep forever and wear constantly.
Ive also weirdly got six Raymond Weil W1 chronos. I fell in love with them about ten years back and started buying them on eBay second hand for £50-£80 each as little investments. They’ll never sell for thousands but seemed to be selling for over £120 last time I looked. I don’t love em now except one which I’ll probably keep for work if work ever happens again rather than buy a new citizen eco drive.
Ive a ten years service watch from work. Never worn. It’s a victorianox (Swiss army knife people) chronograph that probably makes tea/coffee and walks the dog afterwards BUT it weighs a ton. It’s possible to hide dinner plates beneath it. Id walk lopsided if i ever wore it. That’s definitely going on eBay once I leave the firm for good.
Watches? Love em.

View attachment 122783
That’s identical to my suicidal watch. Strap was different though.

The Citizen eco members is now at 4 and a half as StevenF posted after I did :)

I wear three watches like these guys. (Jk)

Ive got 4 watches.
A swatch
A quartz waterproof watch
A fancy silver foiled watch for going with a suit.
A komono watch for going out with.
20201117_192104.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back