Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I also have a 40 year old Seiko Lasalle ultra-thin watch with mesh band. It us so light and thin you hardly know you're wearing it.
E0A56C5D-DF3E-4B79-83EE-43A0C06F46B2.jpeg
47CFC6A8-DD29-4E96-AAE4-0C61C6E7CE87.jpeg

Last edited:
I love watches. Just shame I cant afford a decent one :unsure: (maybe coz I waste my money on animals). At the moment I have a Xiaomi amazfit bip which is the swear word (smart watch). It's a very reliable watch and is fully waterproof, it's got an incredible battery life as well. It lasts about 3 weeks on one single charge. In general I hate smart watches, the reason I got it is because I do a lot of practical work and I can't afford to damage or smash a decent watch.
Here's a pic of the little gem:confused:
20201117_173753.jpg

my other watch is a Tommy Hilfiger.
not the best watch but i like the look of it. Unfortunately a marker fell off so needs mending. :(
heres a pic of it.
20201117_175057.jpg

@Fishmanic my dad has that same Seiko watch as his dress watch :D I've seen him wear it like 4x during my life, it's really funny because my dad is so not a watch person, so it looks so incredibly out of place when he puts it on haha

I dont wear mine any longer. The ecodrive is my everyday watch.

I wear a vintage Polo Club one - not sure if its worth much (if anyone knows then shout ) i like it thoughView attachment 122881I

20201117_184729.jpg
Nice little watch but unfortunately they drop in value. Personally I don't care about how much a watch is worth. It's what it looks and feels like at the end of the day.
A lot of expensive watches look terrible!:sick:

I wear a Fossill daily but I actually have a Rolex with a diamond string on the face and a diamond bezel. It’s on a two tone band. I’ll get my hubbie to get it out of the safe later so I can take a pic. My hubbie bought it for me. I’ve had it quite a while and wear it very little any longer. Use to wear it daily until I retired. Now I’m afraid I’ll get hit over the head if I wear it out. We keep them (hubby has one too) in a box winder that rotates back and forth to Wind them and keep them running.

Edited with pic:
DFD919AC-BD52-431E-AC2F-C556E84721E1.jpeg
l

Last edited:
Why do you have to be a guy to be into watches? :D

For me, it's Citizen Eco Drive all the way. I have always been a watch person, but invariably, what always used to happen was that the battery would die, I'd forget to get it replaced, I'd wear a watch that didn't tell time on my wrist for a month, and then I'd be lost in life for the next month after I took my watch off with the intention of getting the battery replaced, and then it would take me a month to adjust back to life with a watch after I got it replaced. All-in-all a three month process caused from a dead watch battery. Maybe if I was more organized in that aspect of life watch batteries would have worked better, but alas.

I got my husband the Citizen Eco Drive CA0260-52H: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006D0UAA6/?tag=ff0d01-20 almost 10 years ago now.

He reciprocated and got me this one:
View attachment 122762
sorry terrible picture I know. And yeeeeessss, the only downside of that watch is that it has the built-in day tracker, like the battery problem I never adjust it aaaand as a result it thinks we are on the 22nd of god knows what month. I wanted these features without the day tracker, but that combination wasn't available :(

And then we got my mom a citizen eco drive when her old watch broke two years ago as well.

Sure, they're not the most expensive of watches, but I think citizen is a great company and the eco-drive feature has been really critical for me. I just took my watch off to take a picture of it, and realized that was probably the first time in months that I've taken it off. Once I get my fish tank set up I probably should start taking it off when I put my hand in there to avoid putting gunk from the watch band into the tank.... I also think the titanium makes a huge difference; we love to go backpacking (taken a small hiatus from that while our son is young) but weight actually factored into my watch decision too, because it turns out that a titanium watch weighs almost half of what a "regular" watch weighs. So I really don't even notice my watch is on.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the topic :)
Yeah, eco drive for me too!
I carry a phone but never use it for the time as it's much easier to simply glance at my wrist.
Funny story - in my job I had to date things all day long and every time I would glance at my watch for the date, even though I knew what the date was, and even though it was also on the computer screen in front of me - it was just habit. Occasionally I would forget to wear my watch and the whole day I would still keep looking at my wrist for the date, so on such days I would have to write the date on my wrist to avoid annoying myself!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are there any apple watch wearers out there?

I wear a Fossill daily but I actually have a Rolex with a diamond string on the face and a diamond bezel. It’s on a two tone band. I’ll get my hubbie to get it out of the safe later so I can take a pic. My hubbie bought it for me. I’ve had it quite a while and wear it very little any longer. Use to wear it daily until I retired. Now I’m afraid I’ll get hit over the head if I wear it out. We keep them (hubby has one too) in a box that rotates back and forth to Wind them and keep them running.

Edited with pic: View attachment 122907l
That's major BLING right there!!

Last edited:
I wear a Fossill daily but I actually have a Rolex with a diamond string on the face and a diamond bezel. It’s on a two tone band. I’ll get my hubbie to get it out of the safe later so I can take a pic. My hubbie bought it for me. I’ve had it quite a while and wear it very little any longer. Use to wear it daily until I retired. Now I’m afraid I’ll get hit over the head if I wear it out. We keep them (hubby has one too) in a box winder that rotates back and forth to Wind them and keep them running.

Edited with pic: View attachment 122907l
Big fan of the rolex!

Not a watch person, but I do have an interest for luxury goods so this caught my eye :p! If I were to buy a watch, I'd wait until my finances could agree with me buying a Rolex or such :p. I do know for one that Rolex watches are seen as an investment, but personally those aren't my favorite lol.

Possibly if I were to look for a watch for personal everyday use, maybe the Hermes Apple Watch? Not such a staggering price, something I could save up for (though the second-hand market does have watches such as Rolexes for a lower price).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back