Workout Journal...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I may try to run on grass then. :good:

But isnā€™t soda and chips and stuff like that still bad?
So so your body needs fats and sugars just in moderation being young and skinny mate I would just eat what ever I could get in my mouth , when I was younger I had the opposite problem I was a chunky kid so I had to watch calories and fats to trim down but from talking to some of the bigger chaps at the gym there main issue is being able to consume t calories they need ... full fat milk is a must iv found itā€™s high in protein,calcium and natural sugars and relatively cheap , Iā€™m 6ft and 185lbs and I still drink a pint of milk every morning out of habit now , yiur right in saying soda and chips are still bad but if I was you Iā€™d try and get fat while working out , build your frame to bulk kind of thing

So so your body needs fats and sugars just in moderation being young and skinny mate I would just eat what ever I could get in my mouth , when I was younger I had the opposite problem I was a chunky kid so I had to watch calories and fats to trim down but from talking to some of the bigger chaps at the gym there main issue is being able to consume t calories they need ... full fat milk is a must iv found itā€™s high in protein,calcium and natural sugars and relatively cheap , Iā€™m 6ft and 185lbs and I still drink a pint of milk every morning out of habit now , yiur right in saying soda and chips are still bad but if I was you Iā€™d try and get fat while working out , build your frame to bulk kind of thing
So I shouldnā€™t try to get the 91g of protein per day? Just eat as I normally eat, but try to eat more?

I didnā€™t do as much as I wanted to yesterday... :/

But today is a new day so I will try to do more. :)

So I shouldnā€™t try to get the 91g of protein per day? Just eat as I normally eat, but try to eat more?

I didnā€™t do as much as I wanted to yesterday... :/

But today is a new day so I will try to do more. :)
Unless your doing weights protein isnā€™t all that important , from my understanding when you lift weights your rip the wall of the muscle then protein is key to rebuild them , from your daily plan itā€™s like a definition routine so you will strip the fat from around the muscles to make them more defined , how you expect a soldier to look or basketball player , so yeah if you can get the protein it wonā€™t harm you might just make you constipated but I think the plan of eat more is good , you probably just have a fast metabolism and burn calories very easily which in a training sense is good the more you eat the more energy you have so the more you can train , be careful lifting weights if you plan to as being young your body muscles wonā€™t have finished growing more than likely and training an undeveloped muscles can cause it to grow strange or cause joint damage , whatā€™s the aim can I ask ? Are you trying to bulk up or tone out ? Or just generally improving self esteem and mental health?

whatā€™s the aim can I ask ? Are you trying to bulk up or tone out ? Or just generally improving self esteem and mental health?
Get bulkier, bigger biceps and forearms, abs, etc.

Ok, that makes sense on the protein. So Iā€™ll stop with the candy/sodas but eat normally. (Maybe in bigger portions though)

But I will still watch what I eat and try to get as much protein in a day as possible.

I have this thing that I use:
image.jpg

But itā€™s more for grip strength, not so much muscle growth.

Get bulkier, bigger biceps and forearms, abs, etc.

Ok, that makes sense on the protein. So Iā€™ll stop with the candy/sodas but eat normally. (Maybe in bigger portions though)

But I will still watch what I eat and try to get as much protein in a day as possible.

I have this thing that I use:
View attachment 123864
But itā€™s more for grip strength, not so much muscle growth.
Do you have access to a swimming area ? Because swimming is great for full body growth and great cardio also but Iā€™d say just stick at it mate it will come even smallest step is still a step

Do you have access to a swimming area ? Because swimming is great for full body growth and great cardio also but Iā€™d say just stick at it mate it will come even smallest step is still a step
No, unfortunately I do not... in Louisiana I had a pool, but I do not here in KY.

Ok, I am actually right in the middle of my exercise session right now and I definitely underestimated how hard this actually is. Iā€™ve only been working out for about 20 minutes and Iā€™m already shaking like crazy. Iā€™ve done 20 pushups, 25 crunches, 10 elevated pushups, and the rest on the TotalGym.

Whew!:blink:

Iā€™m going to go for another 10 minutes and then drink a homemade protein shake. I donā€™t see any reason to push myself to the point of exhaustion, on the first day.

(Iā€™ll update on what total I did today and also what is in the protein shake.) ;)

As I set here in my lounge chair I am thinking about exercising,,,thinking...thinking...now where is that remote....found it...there I exercised now back to my tv show. But is important to do plenty of exercise and I have been giving it considerable thought....:jumprope:

But isnā€™t soda and chips and stuff like that still bad?
Soda and any fizzy drink is bad due to the acid pH and the sugar. Drinks that are sugar free use artificial sweeteners and these are also bad for you.

You should also check fruit juice because some brands have lots of sugar in.
eg: We have a company that sells apricot juice. It has 13% sugar, which is about the same as a fizzy drink like Coca Cola.

---------------------
Fried chips from a fish and chip shop are fine as part of a balanced diet. They are just potatoe fried in oil and as long as you don't have them every meal, it's fine to have them once or twice a week.

If you add some apple cidar vinegar to the chips it makes them a bit healthier.

French fries from fast food outlets and some brands sold in supermarkets have all sorts of additives in them and aren't just potaote. So check the ingredients and if they have more than potatoe and vegetable oil, avoid them.

If you cook your own chips on a baking tray (lined with paper towels) in the oven they have less fat.

Chips (crisps) are not as good because they have a higher fat content and more salt than normal chips/ fries.

Last edited:
Soda and any fizzy drink is bad due to the acid pH and the sugar. Drinks that are sugar free use artificial sweeteners and these are also bad for you.

You should also check fruit juice because some brands have lots of sugar in.
eg: We have a company that sells apricot juice. It has 13% sugar, which is about the same as a fizzy drink like Coca Cola.

---------------------
Fried chips from a fish and chip shop are fine as part of a balanced diet. They are just potatoe fried in oil and as long as you don't have them every meal, it's fine to have them once or twice a week.

If you add some apple cidar vinegar to the chips it makes them a bit healthier.

French fries from fast food outlets and some brands sold in supermarkets have all sorts of additives in them and aren't just potaote. So check the ingredients and if they have more than potatoe and vegetable oil, avoid them.

If you cook your own chips on a baking tray (lined with paper towels) in the oven they have less fat.

Chips (crisps) are not as good because they have a higher fat content and more salt than normal chips/ fries.
So what drinks besides ā€œplain old waterā€ would be healthy for me and my workouts? I know never drinks definitely arenā€™t. Maybe tea?

milk, filtered water, tea, sugar free fruit juice and sugar free vegetable juice are all fine to drink.

avoid energy drinks, lolly water/ fizzy drinks, coffee, and juices with sugar added.

So, take it from your old uncle Thomas, PK. Fitness is a lifestyle change, not an event. You have to find something you can and will actually DO, regularly, long-term. For me, undisciplined degenerate that I am, that means finding something that I actually enjoy, at least on some level. That's why I run, hunt, and shoot bows: I will actually do them because I like doing them. I liked the weights class I was involved in before covid, but I hate normal, solo weight lifting, so I won't do it long term. Most people won't.

So, if you get delusions of grandeur, do way too much and wipe yourself out and make yourself feel terrible right out of the gate, you most likely won't stick with it long-term. I know. I've done the research.

Black tea (traditional iced tea) isn't bad for you, exactly; in fact some say it's actually quite good for you, but it doesn't quench your thirst very well because it's a diuretic. And it has caffeine, though not as much as coffee. I drink a lot of herbal tea post-workout, especially peppermint. A lot of herbal teas make good iced teas, too. Both are very healthy if you don't sweeten them. Water is good if your town has water that tastes good. "Sports drinks" like Gatorade aren't TOO bad if you dilute it with 1/2 to 2/3 water; the flavor can be a good break from plain old H2O.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back