Betta pellets

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The food you mentioned seems really good, with great customer reviews. :)

Well I got the northfin pellets in the mail yesterday. I fed him the dry pellets and HE WON't EAT THEM. He swims right by them. Today I tried soaking the pellet for 10 minutes in tank water and dropped them in. Most pellets started sinking quickly. But he even ignored the floating ones. I think I spoiled him with frozen and freeze dried shrimp . The freeze dried shrimp is powdery and he quickly eats it.

Should I starve him for a day or two and then retry the pellets? Meanwhile my tiger barbs and serpae tetra love these pellets. At least they won't go to waste :)

Last edited:
Bettas and live foods are like children and burgers. Once they've tasted the burgers/live food they want them all the time and refuse to eat anyhting else.

With bettas you need to give them the pellets, then remove any uneaten ones. Do not give them any frozen or freeze dried food. Do this every day until he realises he isn't going to get his brine shrimp and he'll have to eat the pellets. It could take anything up to a couple of weeks, but he will eventually eat the pellets rather than starve. After he's been eating pellets for at least 2 weeks, you can give him a treat of brine shrimp but no sooner that a couple of weeks of eating pellets.

I spoiled my old betta with live blood worms, he never ate pellets again! :)

That’s a pretty good comparison on the food @essjay ! ;)

Well I starved him for 3 days and fed him the Northfin pellets today. He gobbled up 3 pellets very quickly. So not giving him the shrimp or bloodworms worked in getting him to eat the healthier pellets. Thanks for the advice Essjay!

I have to turn off the hob filter at feeding time to prevent pellets from quickly floating away.. I have a switch mounted on the filter cord to make that easier.

Last edited:
That sounds very good! :good:

I usually turn of my HOB filters, when I feed my bettas! M)

:pepsi:

Sorry, I just had to try it! Lol,I’m so messed up! :shifty:

I THINK YOU SHOULD ORDER ADA* MICRO PELLETS FLOATABLE.
THEY ARE SUITABLEFOR BABY FISH ESPECIALLY BETTA. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK OUT THEN USE MICRO PELLETS BY KYORIN CO.

WOW! ADA I mean, I know that stuff is good, but the cost? I will not wast the money. (Now that I think about out it, it’s not a waste if it is useful, @Fishmanic, will make that choice.) :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back