Workout Journal...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I see that no one has recommended stretching... If you dont stretch you will get injured very badly. And others have also said that this will be a lifestyle not just one and done... You may build up the teensiest bit of muscle but you would have to be on an even more strict workout program to really build in a short period. (My brother is a crossfit teacher)... You also have to know if you are doing things correctly, like deadlifting was hard for me to learn... I would honestly start off with a lesser amount of pushups. Youre gonna injure yourself more than anything... I understand that you want muscle and so do I but it takes more practice than you may think for working out... When me and you were talking in PMs I think I remember talking about how the amount you planned on doing were very dangerous for someone just starting... I could see trying to do 50 in a day for a beginner but even then, I can barely do 10 in one go... Of course I need to keep up with working out, but as far as I know, you havent really done any working out like this before. All I say is that maybe you should do some online research on more than one site and also be cautious on what you do. Also always stretch before and after a workout
You might be able to barley to 10 in a row, but I can do 55. Not because I’m stronger necessarily, but because I’ve been doing push-ups every single day for the fast 3.5 weeks.

I would honestly start off with a lesser amount of pushups.
It’s not like I’m doing 50 in a row and then another 50. No, I’m doing a set number for that rep, so that I don’t injure myself.

For example, the day I started doing 100 a day, I did reps of 10 x 10. I did 100 push-ups for the next 2 weeks, but I upped to 7 x 15, because reps of 10 were becoming too “easy”. The third week (last week) I did 150 a day with 10 x 15. And this week (starting Saturday) I’ve been doing 8 x 25.

—-

I do agree with you that if you absolutely max out on how many push-ups you can do in a row, it’s not healthy and you can get injured. That’s not what I’m doing. I’m doing a healthy amount of reps based off of what I’ve built my body up to at this point.

you havent really done any working out like this before.
Actually have, but took a break for about 2 months because I was incredibly busy. I was still working out at work on breaks and doing pull ups and such when I got home.

see that no one has recommended stretching... If you dont stretch you will get injured very badly.
I stretch before each set. I play basketball, so I know how stretching is very beneficial.

And I’m not just doing 2 stretches for 10 seconds at a time. No, I’m taking my time with stretching, and not only stretching my arms.

And others have also said that this will be a lifestyle not just one and done...
Trust me, it has been a complete lifestyle change. Before I started doing this? I would eat one maybe two pop tarts are breakfast every morning. Didn’t really know the importance of eating a solid breakfast. Nowadays? I’m packing 4 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of toast, a banana (or another piece of fruit), and 2 pop tarts. (Or a bowl of oatmeal, just depends)

The first week I packed a ton of calories and protein, as I said above. I’m still to this day eating more and more healthy foods, and staying away from sweets and soda.

It’s been a hard change for me, because I used to just eat whatever I wanted to.

——

You may build up the teensiest bit of muscle but you would have to be on an even more strict workout program to really build in a short period.
That’s cap. Everyone builds muscle differently. I already have a very low body fat %, so it’s not like I had to burn that much fat.

I’ve built some solid muscle in less than a month, specially my abs and arms/shoulders.

Yes that's what im talking about too. Never hold your pre workout stretches more than 2 or 3 seconds.
uhhhh... Ok no... Usually its always about 20-30 seconds... 2-3 does nothing

uhhhh... Ok no... Usually its always about 20-30 seconds... 2-3 does nothing
20-30 seconds is ridiculously long for just body weight exercises. If you’re lifting weights or using a machine then sure, but experienced people usually use body weight exercising before they hop under the weight machine.

You might be able to barley to 10 in a row, but I can do 55. Not because I’m stronger necessarily, but because I’ve been doing push-ups every single day for the fast 3.5 weeks.

It’s not like I’m doing 50 in a row and then another 50. No, I’m doing a set number for that rep, so that I don’t injure myself.

For example, the day I started doing 100 a day, I did reps of 10 x 10. I did 100 push-ups for the next 2 weeks, but I upped to 7 x 15, because reps of 10 were becoming too “easy”. The third week (last week) I did 150 a day with 10 x 15. And this week (starting Saturday) I’ve been doing 8 x 25.

—-

I do agree with you that if you absolutely max out on how many push-ups you can do in a row, it’s not healthy and you can get injured. That’s not what I’m doing. I’m doing a healthy amount of reps based off of what I’ve built my body up to at this point.

Actually have, but took a break for about 2 months because I was incredibly busy. I was still working out at work on breaks and doing pull ups and such when I got home.

I stretch before each set. I play basketball, so I know how stretching is very beneficial.

And I’m not just doing 2 stretches for 10 seconds at a time. No, I’m taking my time with stretching, and not only stretching my arms.

Trust me, it has been a complete lifestyle change. Before I started doing this? I would eat one maybe two pop tarts are breakfast every morning. Didn’t really know the importance of eating a solid breakfast. Nowadays? I’m packing 4 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of toast, a banana (or another piece of fruit), and 2 pop tarts. (Or a bowl of oatmeal, just depends)

The first week I packed a ton of calories and protein, as I said above. I’m still to this day eating more and more healthy foods, and staying away from sweets and soda.

It’s been a hard change for me, because I used to just eat whatever I wanted to.

——

That’s cap. Everyone builds muscle differently. I already have a very low body fat %, so it’s not like I had to burn that much fat.

I’ve built some solid muscle in less than a month, specially my abs and arms/shoulders.
Ah ok... See, I didnt know everything happening... That is very good to know

I got out of working out for a while after the cruise, but I’m back into it. Here’s my daily schedule as of right now:

• 100 push-ups (or more if I have to make up for the last day)
  • 70 flutter kicks
  • 35 crunches
  • 2x 1 minute planks
  • Running/sprints (getting conditioned for basketball)
Not sure if it’s allowed to post progress pictures, so I won’t. 😂

Admins when they see someone flexing their muscles in a pic: "THATS NSFW!!!" *admin deletes post and bans member* 😂
Yeahhh… that’s why I don’t wanna upload a picture. Not sure if I’m even allowed to.

I haven't worked out regularly in over 20 years but in my mid 20's to early 40's I was fanatical. Weights, running, lots of running and then lots of cycling when running had done its damage. I agree completely with @Colin_T make it fun. Make it something you want to do and not something you have to do. Don't put unrealistic demands on yourself. Don't go to all the 10K's and compare yourself to the supermen. Looking back on it all I wish I'd stopped more often and enjoyed the experience and the people rather than hurrying so much because the fitness and strength gains evaporate when you stop anyway, and stop you will for reasons you don't know yet.

I definitely want to get some resistance bands, because everything I’m reading said that’s the back bone of training and gaining muscle.

As of right now I’m just doing body weight workouts, with the occasional TotalGym workout.

I also play basketball which keeps me in great shape and provides endurance. (I run about 2 miles per game anyway and there’s no stopping after plays. So it provides great endurance training)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back