Where Would The Most Convenient Place Be?

Where would the most convenient place be to keep my fish tanks?

  • The loft (attic).

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Bedroom.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Garage (cold)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On The Landing.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Joshwainwright

I take my fish for walks
Global Moderator ⚒️
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Location
GB
I need a new place to keep all my tanks, currently they are on the landing...
And with more tanks being planned to set up, I need more room...
 
It depends how big they are and how big your room is. But I said bedroom as in my house I spend alot of time there so it makes sense that my tank would be there too.
 
depends how many tanks you have what size ...........................
as the weight unless supported over the joists in your floor might cause a flood if upstairs or in the attic
scot :)
 
My bedroom is 11ft x 8ft (ISH)
 
Lol, I'm really thinking about the loft but the hatch is only 50cm x 58cm...
 
The loft will more than likely be too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter, I used to have my computer in the loft and it was either one of those two. I currently have a computer up there and its drops below 4c in the winter and has hit 35c in the summer.

Mike
 
Ah, I think the lofts out of it now I've measured the hole, I'd need some pretty small tanks...
 
the only problem with in your bedroom is the running noise, i do run an fx5 but i find the timers moving around make a bit of noise you usually can't hear during the day, subsequently i've moved into the guest bedroom, jeez what i do for my fish.
 
you're more motivated to look after them better if they're in your bedroom as you're constantly seeing them. also, you they're very relaxing in the evening..... :good:
 
Oh the bedroom. That would be dreamy. I dought if the hubby would go for that though :sad:
I keep my tank in the living room. It isn't so bad, all the guest can gauck at my aquarium :hyper:
 
I think the best choice is in a basement if there is one that has any room. They usually have a nice concrete floor so there are no worries about floor loads. They are also well protected from outdoor weather in the case of a power failure and the fish will survive longer with a power loss in winter. They tend to run nice and cool in the summer so you don't end up with water that gets too hot. All I need to do now is build my own house because the one I have doesn't have a basement.
 
I don't have a basement unfortunately...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top