What Is Your Favourite Fish To Keep And Why?

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
Just wonder what peoples favourite fish were and why they like them. I personally really enjoy Plecos I love the way they look, I love how they move, how they eat, and it's like hide and seek with them. I have a clown pleco and a bristle nose.

I also love my betta fish too. They have so much personality for being so small they come in all colors and shapes.

I have room in my 36 Gal tank and I am thinking of adding a different type of fish.

So what kind of fish do you love or like? :wub:
 
i would have 2 agree with plecs :) favourite would be L46 zebras they are just so cute and look absolutley stunning :) with cory's been a close second i love my melini's :)


jen
 
I like cichlids and collecting L no's, I also like South American characins. :)
 
hmm tough one :lol:
oscars, they are just so sociable and endearing, nothing compares to these guys :)
shelagh xxx
 
At the moment (because it does change from time to time.) It's my bristlenose pleco, but my all time favourite has to be my Apisto Caciatuoids, that's the fish in my profile pic and I'm dreading the day he gets long in the tooth and pegs it as decent ones are not easy to get hold of round me at the moment.
 
well for me i have to say oscars just as shela says :good:
also iam love south/central american cichlids, i have a real passion for these guys, but just dont have the space to keep them all :angry: my brutis is beautiful looking and evil to boot
Yes plecs are great to look at esp when matured, like the gibbicep, beautiful and graceful when swimming :good:
 
Small shoaling fish I find particularly appealing, with glass cats a close second. There's so many times I thought my glass cat had died when in reality he was just living up to his name and being rather see through :D
 
Malawi Cichlids are probably my favourite. They're so entertaining and full of personality (whilst kicking lumps out of each other obviously :lol: ).

BTT
 
Mine varies between frogfish (for their speed and eating capabilities) and porcupinefish, especially my small burrfish.

I find most FW fish a bit dull now I have moved to SW, in character as well as colour and variation.
 
Clown knifefish. graceful and beautiful and the bifgger they get the better they look in my opinion
 
My clown loaches are my favorite but my white tail acei come very close.
 
Mine has to be my bristlenose, I have 33 of them and getting 7 starlights very soon. My cories are a close second, no particular favorite, I love them all, then my endlers.
 
I'm seeing lots of Pleco love. Very nice. Everyone that I know that has Oscars or had them loves them. It's a fact I guess those fish will steal your heart.
 
I love my BN plec too, on the rare occasions I see him :lol: And at the moment I am enjoying watching my male dwarf gourami and his two girlfriends, very attractive fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top