What Is Your Favourite Fish To Keep And Why?

most new wolrd cichlids but fave has to be severum every bit as much character as oscars ( which before shelagh slaps me i shouls point out i do love oscars :lol: ) loving my L81 golden nugget too
 
has to be my little molly fry, he last survivor of my fry from january and he bosses the tank especially my big male sailfin molly. favourite type of fish has to be gold barbs at min
 
I'd have to say my Synodontis granulosus he's the life and soul of my tank.

Very hard to get a decent pic as he never stays still.

b3sbjl.jpg


Next up would be my group of 5 Synodontis petricola's

Also hard to get a pic of but I managed to get a quick snap of one when he wondered off from the group..

29ygp7a.jpg


Then i would say most cichlids
 
i have three that i would say are favorites bettas is what i started with Bettas, i still love there personalities. i know snails dont fit here because they are not fish but they would be up there. followed by the khuli loach.
 
My fav would have to be Angels because they are graceful but still have a bit of personality.
I do love my BN pleco though, so it's hard to chose.
 
Id say Neon Tetras As my kids love The colours on them :) and there easey to keep :)
 
has to be american cichlids convicts and jack dempseys in general i love their aggression and the fact that tank they are in is theirs and no elses they have so much character and personality. i also love my bristlenose plecs they chase my other chichlids round when its feeding time sooo funny to watch.
 
Hmm... bettas!!! Personality 101. I also love sailfin mollies, but I couldn't tell you why. I just love them. There's a big, big gap between the thin, ill, small hybrid mollies sold by most pet stores and a fully grown sailfin molly kept in a large brackish tank with plenty of swimming room, in a decently large mixed-sex group to see their natural behaviour. They are really stunning fish. I'm also a big fan of bumblebee gobies, for their colour and their foul tempers... it's so funny to see a fish half the length of your little finger chucking a tanty...
 
i love my BGK, he looks so different to anything else in my tank and is very inteligent.

my Krib also has bags of personality and the Denisons barbs look stunning schooling together, my BN is gloriously ugly too :P
 
Gouramis of any kind, but blue especially. They are super hardy, long-lived, and super friendly even to those of us outside their world. Mine have been known to kiss the hand that feeds them as it feeds them or does anything else within their reach. And the daddies are such little studs when it comes to watching over their nests. I had a 13" hypostomus that really wanted that nest and I heard daddy ram him from across the room. Big things in little packages!
 
hmmmmmm.....i love my Dog-faced Puffer, cute little puppy-face, loads of personality(and appetite)! but he has a problem. when i research dog-faced puffer, all the images show them being blue-gray with brown fins-ours is chocolate brown with greenish-yellow fins. he also has a bunch of blue-gray spots on his belly, along with the species black spots-is there something wrong? he still eats very well-what could be wrong.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top