What Breed Is Your Dog?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

All the dogs on this topic are adorable! 
I have a Border Collie myself called Milly and I love her to bits! She is such a character. We got her from the RSPCA when she was 4 and she is now 12. She had a stroke back in september but has recovered and is still going strong!  :)

photo (10).JPG

I've got a kelpie, Maverick. She's also called Mutant pretty frequently due to her strange eating habits.

mav 2.jpg

maverick.jpg

She likes going for drives. Maverick is a pretty terrible sheepdog though. Sheep, horses and cows freak her out 
whistling.gif

I have three Border Collies!
smile.png
We've been fostering border collies for 3 years and each foster has a little piece of my heart, I remember all their names and personalities and try to keep in touch with all of them.  I almost sort of consider them to be mine in a way, even if they aren't mine anymore! 

Holly, she's 9 years old and the most active member of this family:

Apollo, just turned 4... my neurotic little guy that doesn't know how to sit still

Kaleb, around 1-2... he's the newest member of the family and he's pretty chill for a Border Collie... he's also a pansy and won't go out in the cold without full winter gear.  Can't complain too much, neither will I!

And here's a collage I made about a month ago of all the dogs I've fostered for more than just a couple days
wub.png

i have a patterdale cross she 3 years old her is a bossy boots and bed hog

patterdale cross gizzmo

Attachments

• 316671231432.jpg
    316671231432.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 122
One year old Boxer name Rayna who is a total goofball 
smile.png

Attachments

• ray.jpg
    ray.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 134
I have bichons.  I volunteered for a bichon breed rescue for 5 years, adopted every foster they sent to me.  I have had 9 dogs in 6 years!  For 2 years, I had 5 and THAT was a lot of work!  Once I stopped with that group, I picked up 2 from our local craigslist (at different times).  Currently I have:

Tasha - a puppy mill rescue, born and raised in a cage in Missouri, just used as a piece of inventory, for breeding, to make puppies for pet stores.  She was 4 years 11 months when she was rescued.  She has come a LONG way in the 4 years she has lived with me, but it is a life long rehab process for these mill rescues.  I still get teary eyed, thinking of her in a cage all those years, never having positive human interactions, never touching grass, never running free.  Now, I take her to a 17 acre conservation area where we can allow our dogs off leash and she runs and smiles!  She is far right in the photo.

Willy - purchased at age 8 weeks by an older couple who wanted a small lap dog, and they got Willy, who grew larger than standard, and is a very bossy dog.  He ended up biting them many times in the 8 years he lived with them, he became a bully.  They surrendered him to a local shelter when they could no longer cope, and were too embarassed to take him to their vet again.  Bichons are known for their allergies, and Willy has plenty.  Neither the couple nor their vet knew what to do for a bichon, so Willy suffered for many years (I got all his vet papers when I picked him up at the shelter, for the bichon rescue - stacks!).  When they surrendered him, his eyes were sealed shut with infection, and his skin was full of a yeast infection, bright red and you could feel the heat from an inch away.  Poor dog was miserable and of course snapping at any touch.  Took 6 weeks to get him healthy.  Changing his bully side took longer; I took him to 3 obedience classes (Basic Manners, Beyond the Basics, Above and Beyond) and then got him involved in Agility.  Willy LOVED Agility!!!  He rapidly progressed to competition level, and has won 3 blue ribbons!!  Now age 10, he had hip dysplasia and extensive arthritis in both knees and both hips, the arthritis all due to his poor diet and life style his first 8 years.  So we don't do any Agility now.  Next I took him to Nose Work classes and he was excellent at that!  Finances changed so currently not doing any classes.  He was just diagnosed with Lyme disease 3 days back, so got him on meds for that at the moment.  Willy has chronic dry eye so he gets prescription eye drops morning and night, plus Genteal artificial tears every 2 hours all day long.  This is from the 8 years of not paying attention to his allergies. His first owners did not have him neutered until he was age 5 years, so he is a marker and hence wears a belly band in house at all time.  Willy is a charmer, and no longer a biter.  He is in the middle in the pic.

Riley is a miniature poodle x bichon.  Picked her up off craigslist, at age 7, I was her fifth owner in 7 months, not due to anything with her, but folks who didn't realize how much work the coat is.  She is a very sweet girl, with a Grade 2 luxating patella, on her right rear knee.  I took her to Agility and she loved it so much, but she can't compete as she will not be able to do any tight turns in a course.  She is on the left in the photo.

Want to add, I LOVED seeing all your pups and reading about them!  What a wonderful group of doggies!!!

We just got a pup,We named her River. She is full Australian Shepherd! Her dad is registered, her mom is not. Shes about 15 weeks old, and super playful. Still getting to know all about her. May, our cat is a bit unsure, and has already smacked some sense into her. 

Sound lovely!  Yep cats DO RULE!  Ha haaa.  Will you be involved in a sport with River?  Agility, Flyball or other?

I do actutally!

Attachments

• IMG_5664.JPG
    IMG_5664.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 109
Aussie sheps are great sport dogs! One of my favorite breeds. Any pictures of her? 

I have a GSD Kes, she is a rescue and has really bad fear aggression problems, she is a lovely girl in the house, but as soon as her lead is on she turns into psycho dog. Kes is 9 this year

Ruby my rough coat lurcher, she is 2 today :)

Storm aka sneaky dog. She was given to me because she has a deformed toe, she is also 2 she is a smooth coat lurcher.

Hey Cooper, look at that bone you have - yummy!  Considering all the snow outside my window, I suspect that photo is old, lol.

Kes is beautiful! Thank you for taking her in and working with her. 

I am not familiar with the lurcher as a breed, will now look it up and read a bit. 

Ruby, enjoy your day sweetie.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  My goodness, a big girl now at 2 years old.

Hello Storm, I can't imagine a deformed toe slows YOU down much . . . after all you are known as 'sneaky dog' lol!

Aw, I love dogs, these photos from everyone are great, thank you ALL of you for sharing.

Most reactions

trending

Back