Wall-Mounted Nano Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nice Betta.

this poor guy has no idea what to think right now.  He swims his heart out until he gets tired and lays down on a small patch of wood, just out of sight of the camera.  Next thing you know he is at it again, exploring and diving between the plants, swimming through the driftwood until he can't go any longer and has to take a break.  I hope he is going to like it!
Mine is like that too and he has become aggressive, He killed 2 tank mates this morning, I had a few Platy's in with him. I had to put 3D backgrounds into the tank because he was obsessed with his reflection in the back of the tank.

Oheň is doing great!

The tank... not so much.  Had an outbreak of algae that I am working on, so I have the tank under a full blackout and working on a CO2 setup.

Oheň...very fancy.
cool.png

I finally got the algae under control (actually it is almost entirely eradicated) and got prepared for a big water change this morning (75%).

I get all the supplies, walk out to the office and low and behold, Oheň is busy working on a bubble nest!

I really need to do this water change today, but I am going to feel like a home wrecker when his little nest get's destroyed 
bye2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLprQPIH2SE

Nice video. It's always a good feeling when your Betta is happy enough to build a nest.

I did a happy dance when I saw a bubble nest in Azul's tank XD

Great vid, btw!

At the end of last week, the tank started showing signs of an algae bloom again. I pulled some samples from the water and substrate to test on then put the tank in a total blackout.

Even though I wasn't planning on checking on the tank until later this evening, I just peeked at it.  It is horrible and the algae has almost taken over. The plants have stared to turn and even the wood and substrate are growing a carpet of algae.

Here are my findings so far by the day: (Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate)
  1. Substrate sample and water (untouched) - tested 0/0/20. Substrate sample and water (substrate disturbed slightly with fingers) - .25/0/20
  2. Substrate sample and water (untouched) - tested 0/0/10. Substrate sample and water (substrate disturbed slightly with fingers) - .5/.25/20
  3. Substrate sample and water (untouched) - tested 0/0/10-20. Substrate sample and water (substrate disturbed slightly with fingers) - 1/.25/20-40
  4. Substrate sample and water (untouched) - tested 0/0/10. Substrate sample and water (substrate disturbed slightly with fingers) - 2/.5/40
  5. Substrate sample and water (untouched) - tested 0/0/.5. Substrate sample and water (substrate disturbed slightly with fingers) - 2/1/40

This means that bacteria started to die off in the untouched sample which is expected, but seems to be a lot faster than I would have thought; but the crazy part is how much ammonia seems to be trapped or is being emitted by the substrate.

I have no idea what is going on but this is driving me nuts. I am literally seconds away from putting Oheň in the QT so I can demolish this tank.

Wish I could help!! Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do!

Most reactions

trending

Back