Wall-Mounted Nano Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dosed the tank to 1ppm ammonia almost 6 1/2 hours ago.

Current Readings:
  • pH - 7.8
  • Ammonia - 0.25 ppm
  • Nitrite - 0 ppm
  • Nitrate - 40 ppm
Should be ammonia free before morning and fully cycled!  
59.gif

Ahhh, that feeling of the last dose ^^

Good Luck! This tank sounds awesome.

Quick update:

Tank is fully cycled and holding steady,  Did a ~50% water change to get the nitrates down closer to 20 ppm and everything seems to be holding steady now where I like them.

Next step - Find a Betta!

"Next step - Find a Betta" - I'm okay with that. But then the 'next next step'...post an updated picture, please! Would love to see a shot with the tank light on that also shows the surrounding wall area. Nice job on this build.

Find a betta!

Best step ever!

I'm so happy ^,^

Gvilleguy said:
Would love to see a shot with the tank light on that also shows the surrounding wall area.

Haven't finished the wall yet (as you can see), but here are some updated pics (with and without overhead lights):
20150305_114434_resized.jpg
20150305_114349_resized.jpg

Still to do, in no particular order:
  • Finish trimming around tank
  • Properly route electrical wires to the added supply feed (not shown)
  • Replace wall insulation/panels and frame out the tank
  • Mount lighting above hood (still considering this)

So, I met up with an IBC member this morning who happens to live my area.  Looked over a few of his stock and he made me a great deal on a beautiful little guy.

Moving up from a 1 gallon tank, this poor guy has no idea what to think right now.  He swims his heart out until he gets tired and lays down on a small patch of wood, just out of sight of the camera.  Next thing you know he is at it again, exploring and diving between the plants, swimming through the driftwood until he can't go any longer and has to take a break.  I hope he is going to like it!

And of course he decided to start posing after I sent that last post.

From the info the breeder gave me, he is a variation of a Doubletail/Halfmoon/Crowntail, which he called a 'DT Halfsun' (looked it up, seems disputed, but oh well!). I tried to get a pic when he flared (magnificent!) but he seems calm and is not displaying fully right now. Anyways, here we go...

Meet Oheň!  

Ayeeee... sorry for the smudges!  Used a cell phone.
Oheň.jpg
Oheň2.jpg
Oheň3.jpg
Oheň4.jpg

Hmm...maybe Azul is a DT Halfsun!

He's absolutely gorgeous.
*starts chanting*

FOTM, FOTM, FOTM...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back