Thanks, - But No Thanks....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
My office cat has started to bring me all sorts of creatures to my office and then dumps them there & goes out to the veld again to catch some more....

Anything from dead lizards, spiders, grass hoppers, and this morning.... a dead baby bird....

I have an open door policy, but if she continues with these creepies, I'll be compelled to keep my door closed...

Does your cats also bring you some unwanted gifts??

My brother's cat had a litter of kittens and one day she brought in this full grown rabbit. :crazy: We do not have any cats, but I did see a neighbor's old cat cross the road from our field with at mouse in her mouth!

Many years ago I had two, I lived in a cottage on a Manor farm estate. They would always leave me presents. The worse were 1/2 a rabbit? a stoat and one of the manor farms moorhens. I rehomed them to a farm when I moved to a more urban enviroment. I still remember them fondly however.

my gf used to look after a stray cat and it had babys.... only reason she knew was because the car brought them all to her door one by one lol

ash

Our current cat regularly brings in mice and birds. It's about once a month without fail. All we here is 'meow' 'meow' 'meow' until someone goes to check on her and there you find the poor dead thing... whatever it may be.

the only thing Kiara brings home is moths, still the leopard spotted bushfish love them :good:

My mom tells this story non-stop :D
When I was a bay , out kitty, CAsper was quite a hunter- the first were 10 inch rats appering on out door-step, then the worst--- a dead crow in my crib!

your cat is bringing you prezzies, means he/she likes you.

My cats used to bring things to the back door, got a bit out of hand when a mallard duck turned up dead!

Yes, seeing your cat killing other creatures is something to be proud of isn't it? :huh:

Its nature, its not as if they are put in a cage together to fight now is it? You should choose your words a bit more carefully as you could be perceived as a troll.

Yes, seeing your cat killing other creatures is something to be proud of isn't it? :huh:

Its nature, its not as if they are put in a cage together to fight now is it? You should choose your words a bit more carefully as you could be perceived as a troll.

I think it was the smiley you chose ;) either way no big deal some people are just more sensitive than others.

I used to have two cats and they would put mice in the bathtub and then rip them apart and string the guts from one end to the other... :sick:

M.R Otter..... We all have our views on a variety of subjects and at this time..... we are all aware of (and appreciates) your point of view, which is generally in contradiction to what everyone else thinks.....

You are entitled to your convictions, but you and everyone else knows, as soon as you mention them, it provokes a reaction..... I also have some very contradictory views on many issues, which include cycling of a tank and numbers of fish per tank size etc. etc., but because I know my beliefs are not universally acceptable, I have stopped promoting them. (but I'm still living by them)

I am thus sure that everyone will appreciate if you stop provoking issues, by taking every opportunity to instigate reaction, when a topic on cats is posted.....

As I said.... you are entitled to your views, so please do not see this as an attack on your person..... It is merely an attempt (from me) to prevent unnecessary conflict in my area of responsibility being Household pets..... where friction is rarely experienced and not becoming of animal lovers..... I'm sure you'll understand.

Okay fine cats are cute and an intelligent creatures, but what surprises me is that for such small creatures they can stand a challenge to large animals,
I remember long time when I were in a park when I saw cat hissing at a large swan, just to snatch a duckling, but the cat gave up eventually. I also have a cat in my home, and his name is gucci, he realy open my eyes on how curious cats can be!! He even sniffs in my school bag LOL!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back