The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So in my 90 gallon tank (48 long, 18 wide, 21.5 high) I was hoping to get a Pink Convict, but non will be available for awhile. What would be a good substitute? I want a fish that will contrast with my planned build, but doesn't get huge (like an oscar).

Right now I have 2 Firemouth Cichlids and a Blue Acara. I want 6 Green Tiger Barbs, and either 3 Hoplos or a Red Tail Shark. I was going to get the convic as well, but that seems like a no go.

Have you thought about Rainbow Cichlids? Quite peaceful so shoudlnt rock the boat too much? Have you thought about some of the more unusual 'convict' types like Nanoleutus or Myrane? Few others in this group too - Pamamesis is pretty pinky/red naturally too. I quite like Cutteri but could be a bit too timid for the Firemouths (Nanoluteus might be too actually). Sajica are nice too and not too hard to find usually. Have you checked out the big Cichlid farms in the US like Tangled Up In Cichids or Cichlids of the Americas? Both great online stores that have a good reputation and usually pretty amazing stock lists?

Wills

I will check them out! I was hoping to find some locally, but will go online if I have to.

I really like the look of the Rainbow Cichlid! I will have to call the store and see if they have any in stock.

My first and second choices did not have them in stock, but the third store did. A bit of a drive and nightmare parking, but the fish are worth it. Still can't believe NOBODY has pink convicts in stock.

I've not seen them for a while to be fair - dont think the standard convict species is that popular because of how prolific they breed.

I've not seen them for a while to be fair - dont think the standard convict species is that popular because of how prolific they breed.
Just 3 weeks ago my lfs had Pink Convicts, but I think they might come from a local person that sells them. Almost thinking of grabbing a pair next time I see them, if they are that hard to find.

Most reactions

trending

Back