Someone Has Laid Eggs! Help Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

frapadoodle said:
Some will. But Mine never bothered the fry, but eggs were a different story.
Sorry about the incident, with the trap.

It's ok, these things happen-to me lol. Yeah I find the cories to be quite gentle, I have had many a guppy fry hiding in the cory cave with them. It's quite cute, the fry must just know they are no threat! I have a feeling the bigger guppy fry who were crowded round the trap ate most of them 
evilmad.gif

That's good then. I am hoping I have survivors in the sand!

There are only 4 babies left :( I am really hoping there are some survivors in the fry tank and the main tank. If not then I am sure they will have laid again. I have been at my parents for the week and the other half is looking after them...I am getting very OCD and dying to get back to them! I am sure they are fine though.

Think the Corys will spawn soon again. I lost my first fry of Aeneus. Now have about 60 - 70 (two spawnings)

Don't fret too much. The first spawn is the hardest. After a few spawns, and if they are fat and happy you can't stop em, it becomes old hat.
As long as there are ample hiding spots, you'll find fry you never knew were there.

Thanks guys, I have 5 left, one has a bent tail so I hope he survives, I can't believe the size they are getting already! I came back from my parents today to this:

image_zps7bb56619.jpg

image_zps535549c4.jpg

image_zps8b382e70.jpg

I carefully removed them again.
image_zps9aeb9746.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's the bronze again, the peppers are too young, there's only 2 pandas and 1 melini so it can't be that. 
Thrilled to have eggs again, I have also sold most of the guppies as I am wanting to get away from them, kept a few nice fry, my endler and the mum platy with her 2 babies. I am wondering if I put the baby cories in-will the guppies/platies eat them like they eat their own fry? I think they are too big to fit in their mouths but don't want to risk it. I also don't want to put them into the fry tank or I will never find them again.
This is the fry tank now, the wisteria is growing very fast, do you think there will be survivors in there? The cory fry are still in the trap as there are 4 albino cories and 6 guppy fry at a week old so I don't want them to be eaten! I have just put the eggs in the trap too.

The eggs must have been laid a few days ago as most of them have hatched, I will need to dash out tomorrow and get liquifry as I do not have any. I just have tetramin baby and they look too small to have that. 

Here is a video of my babies hatching and buzzing around. They are still with the older ones, who are almost 3 weeks old. I hope they don't eat the newborns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5KjHbkQkE

What is it about the water across the pond?
Know someone on another forum that has prolific cories.
Congrats on the new spawn, the others look great. Won't be long before they look like proper cory.

Thanks. Maybe because the water is ridiculously soft? I would have thought, that in this heatwave we are having they wouldn't spawn. I didn't even think they would lay again because I dropped the temp the 1st time. 
Do you see the one with the short tail? I don't know what happened to it, just not as long as the others. Doesn't affect him so should be ok :)

The new batch are doing great, I am not even going to freak myself out by counting how many there are lol. I was in the main tank moving things around and got the fright of my life when I lifted one of the rocks up and about 4 or 5 little cory babies darted around. I carefully and quickly put the rock back down. Exciting stuff!

Ain't it though. Congrats on the hiders.
Told you the first batch was the most stressful. Before long you'll be wanting them to stop.

Well my tank is now a bronze racetrack. The peppers try and get involved, but so far only two are big enough, and I don't think they have the knack of what's going on yet.

frapadoodle said:
Ain't it though. Congrats on the hiders.
Told you the first batch was the most stressful. Before long you'll be wanting them to stop.

Well my tank is now a bronze racetrack. The peppers try and get involved, but so far only two are big enough, and I don't think they have the knack of what's going on yet.

Hahaha! That actually made me laugh because I know the bronze are the more "switched on" ones and the peppers are like la la la swimming about with the other fish! 

Well, it's official then, I have at least one girl.
Turned the lights on for feeding time and eggs everywhere, glass and plants.
We'll see how the first spawn goes, took em a few tries to get it right, when my others started.

Thanks for the help. My first spawn happend as I was reading a journal of spawning by someone else from across the pond.

You helped me! We helped each other! That's awesome! What a great feeling! Have you removed them? How exciting! :D

Most reactions

trending

Back