Someone Has Laid Eggs! Help Please

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

So here are the eggs today, just checked on them whilst doing a water change. 
311f5702-6e8e-4cf9-b2c5-1abcbe5409c8_zpsb276d68a.jpg

As you can see they are a nice tea colour. I don't have any moss but I have wisteria in the fry tank I have little cut offs that I can put into the trap would that be ok?

Don't know if the guppies will eat the fry.
Tea color is great. Means fertile eggs.
Yeah I had two bronze and two albino to start. Turned out bronze were boys and albinos girls.
After disasters lost all but one fry, now seven months old. So got another bronze(male) and albino(female), got another spawn five eggs hatched two survived, and are now four months old. Sadly mama got eggbound and had to be euthanised.
Never used a breeder net, so got lucky with my fry.
Now have six bronze and seven peppered. So if I want fry, better get a breeder net and fry tank.
Java fern also works well with thier stringy roots, thats where my fry hid out. But most any plant material will do.
Also I would never use salt with cories, it can burn thier skin.
Sorry to hear about the ich. So far I have dodged that bullet.

frapadoodle said:
Don't know if the guppies will eat the fry.
Tea color is great. Means fertile eggs.
Yeah I had two bronze and two albino to start. Turned out bronze were boys and albinos girls.
After disasters lost all but one fry, now seven months old. So got another bronze(male) and albino(female), got another spawn five eggs hatched two survived, and are now four months old. Sadly mama got eggbound and had to be euthanised.
Never used a breeder net, so got lucky with my fry.
Now have six bronze and seven peppered. So if I want fry, better get a breeder net and fry tank.
Java fern also works well with thier stringy roots, thats where my fry hid out. But most any plant material will do.
Also I would never use salt with cories, it can burn thier skin.
Sorry to hear about the ich. So far I have dodged that bullet.

Thanks again for the reply. I have been at my landladys house all day helping with her 4 tanks. She gave me methyl blue, I put a tiny drop in the fry trap so they don't get fungal. She also gave me liquifry-when I seen the size of her 2 tanks of babies, I realised my tetramin was going to still be too big. She told me to put the liquifry in just now. I put a drop of that too. 
She also gave me her guppies as she is turning tank number 4 into a cory tank too!
She said they should hatch either tomorrow or the day after-I CAN'T WAIT!!! Will update if they do!

They've hatched, they've hatched!!! I thought guppy fry were small-these are smaller! I looked in the trap this morning and there were the eggs, only about an hour later I checked again and the eggs were missing, I got disheartened and thought that the trap must have tipped and the eggs fell out into the 30 or so hungry fries mouths. I was wrong when I saw the tiniest movement-my eyes have adapted to spotting fry but this is a whole new level of tiny!
On a side note. I went to pick up some fry from my LFS that I buy live food from, opened the bag and there they were-2 panda cories somehow managed to get in the bag. They are tiny. I am in love 
wub.png

Congrats on the fry.
Don't worry, they grow fast.
Free pandas! Lucky, lucky.

Gonna go for pandas in the next tank. They are about the cutest.

frapadoodle said:
Congrats on the fry.
Don't worry, they grow fast.
Free pandas! Lucky, lucky.

Gonna go for pandas in the next tank. They are about the cutest.

Thanks but they have all escaped out the vents in the trap. I had to take the tights off to clean the water out and they made a dash for it. I hope they hide as well as platy fry. I am gutted i'm such an idiot.
I now have the lid of my master test kit, floating in the water with the airstone in it witnessing the eggs I just found hatching.
You can see the fry wriggling about in the egg, then break free it's fascinating.

photo61_zps258f4cca.jpg

photo60_zpse604d7ef.jpg

I should have a decent amount. 

My baby panda. The other one is tiny. My endler is bigger than it lol
DSC02046_zpsc4b816a2.jpg

I seem to get quite lucky that way, I didn't even see them in the tank. It was just endler fry and green bronchus cories. 
Last week, I got a female endler,  opened the bag and there was this loach thing stuck to the bag. It's actually quite cute it's only small, cream colour with white spots. It's adorable!

They can be good little hiders.
I haven't gone the rout of collecting eggs yet. My survivors did it on thier own. And all came from eggs I never knew where there. So haven't had the joy of watching them hatch. Only caught them laying a couple of times.
Yours need to keep it up. My bronze started the chasing game, but they are not old enough yet.
So far my only luck from the lfs has been a corpse in a bunch of plants.
Love the little panda.

frapadoodle said:
They can be good little hiders.
I haven't gone the rout of collecting eggs yet. My survivors did it on thier own. And all came from eggs I never knew where there. So haven't had the joy of watching them hatch. Only caught them laying a couple of times.
Yours need to keep it up. My bronze started the chasing game, but they are not old enough yet.
So far my only luck from the lfs has been a corpse in a bunch of plants.
Love the little panda.

I found some on the underside of plants only today, the ones on the heater had marks where more had been so it's possible they are hiding in the main tank too. The ones on the other tank wall, fell when I tried to get them off 2 days ago so whether the eggs were eaten or hatched I don't know! I just can't get over how small they are. 
Thanks, the both of them have been very active! People say pandas are shy, mines don't mind me being glued to the tank! I heard they like cooler water, my tanks at 23 is that ok?
I started another thread about the cories I just won at auction!

Temp. sounds spot on.

Won cories at auction! Got free pandas!
I am starting to not like you.

Only kidding, I understand your landlady being cory mad.
The next tank will be a 20long.(about 75 litres.)
I want pandas badly, but hard to find. But I also want habrosus, also hard to find.
So many cories, so few tanks.

frapadoodle said:
Temp. sounds spot on.

Won cories at auction! Got free pandas!
I am starting to not like you.

Only kidding, I understand your landlady being cory mad.
The next tank will be a 20long.(about 75 litres.)
I want pandas badly, but hard to find. But I also want habrosus, also hard to find.
So many cories, so few tanks.

Lol! My main tank is about 95L which is 20G I thought. I am just back from my mums, spent the night there and they have grown so much!
Here are the pics I took yesterday before I had to go. 

I thought there were only 5 or 6 babies-ok I got it wrong.
photo62_zpsf02319f5.jpg

I got a cup of sand from my little ones bag for her sandpit and lined the container, the fry were put in the bowl during the change.
Here they are in their new and improved container lol

photo63_zps1a6ec93d.jpg

Today I come home and they are looking bigger. 
photo64_zps5e23da97.jpg

i've counted 26!

Good show! 26!
Don't get too upset if they don't all make it. Happens, but we don't have to like it.
Won't be long before they look like proper little cories.

I found my first survivor at about that size. Had not done a tank clean in two weeks, and while sitting in my chair saw out of the corner of my eye a bit of detrius, but moving against the current.

No joy in my tank yet, bronze still too young, but the three largest peppers were getting real cozy last night.

frapadoodle said:
Good show! 26!
Don't get too upset if they don't all make it. Happens, but we don't have to like it.
Won't be long before they look like proper little cories.

I found my first survivor at about that size. Had not done a tank clean in two weeks, and while sitting in my chair saw out of the corner of my eye a bit of detrius, but moving against the current.

No joy in my tank yet, bronze still too young, but the three largest peppers were getting real cozy last night.

I am unfortunately used to fry not making it. I have 3 batches of guppy fry. The first are coing up to 3 months old. Out of 13 there's 6 left. Survival of the fittest I suppose.
Good luck with your peppers, they are gorgeous! I saw peppers at my LFS which I want to get they had beautiful long fins, they were discounted to £2.99 each as they were sold as "disfigured" I thought they were stunning. But I can't get them as I am waiting for my melini. I might just sneak in 2 peppers and the single ambiacus they had-then I would defo be full! I was also looking the the brochis splendens too. I will be way overstocked!
I have 3 bronze, 4 albino, 2 pandas. I will have 2 melini too. My tank is 95L and I do 50% change every sunday. 
My baby bronze, whoever is left, will be split between my 64L tank and my landladys tank. 

Long-fin peppers disfigured?
Wow, I wish I could see some in the shops around here.

Yeah, I think you might be pushing it on stock.
Saw some brochis last year, in my four foot tank a shoal of six would be about it, they were right big.

Nice of you to share the babies.

frapadoodle said:
Long-fin peppers disfigured?
Wow, I wish I could see some in the shops around here.

Yeah, I think you might be pushing it on stock.
Saw some brochis last year, in my four foot tank a shoal of six would be about it, they were right big.

Nice of you to share the babies.

They were stunning. I am rearranging my stock, after speaking to my landlady who has 4 tanks! I am keeping my 2 male 1 female bronze, 2 pandas and giving her the albinos back. I just happened to order 2 corydoras elegans-I know I need to stop lol. My stock will now be:
3 bronze, 
2 panda
2 melini 
2 elegans and maybe that one ambiacus who is lonely lol. 

I will keep 4 of the babies in my 64L tank and give the rest to my landlady or if enough survive - sell them. That will be a bit better.

Yes, ambiacus are lovely. So are the elagans.
Sadly, I only get to tour the shops once a month. Last time I was in the fish only shop had a single panda and a single skunk. Should have got them, but was set on upping my peppers, and at thirteen, the bottom is stocked.

Although, I do have one little bronze with an identity crisis. He cleaned a java fern leaf, in prespawning behaivior, and defended that leaf like a cichld.

So why giving up the albinos?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back