Rorie's Fish House Project

Hope the wife made you put that light up ;)

You dont like the light? Or you do like it?

It is above where the games table is going, so looks a little odd just now but will all fall into place once the table is in :)

It is above where the games table is going, so looks a little odd just now but will all fall into place once the table is in :)

lol, i cant actually decide.

It looks like it should belong in an old peoples home. certainly looks out of place in a plasterboard wall/ceiling room, more suited to some nice rustic beams... :D

Would be quite cool over a Poker table though!

lol, i cant actually decide.

It looks like it should belong in an old peoples home. certainly looks out of place in a plasterboard wall/ceiling room, more suited to some nice rustic beams... :D

Would be quite cool over a Poker table though!

Well, nobody can say your not honest! Thankfully we like it! Its hand made from chainmail. Only one of its kind. It will look great above our games table.

Filling, sanding and painting skirting boards and door trims now...

Let the games begin!

game-1.jpg

game-2.jpg

game-3.jpg

Having had a nightmare with the person that 'lost' my glass lids, i just had to spend the money again and buy some more.

I have now drilled a 6mm hole for the airline and a 22mm hole for the 22mm inlet water line. This gives a REALLY good seal. The idea is to illiminate any water evaporation. The room has been at 99% humidity since i started :/

So the room is at 24 degrees and has been steady for the last few weeks. I put my lids in place and put on my dehumidifier to sort the room out. Issue number 1) Evidently the deh. creates a lot of heat - the room has shot up to 28 degrees! And i have no way of cooling it :/ So not sure how to get around that!

Problem 2) I had hoped that once the humidity had dropped down, the dehu. woultnt be on much.....but it is! i switched it off and within 20mins the humidity had gone up to 70% again. WHYYYYYY?????? I do not understand. The tanks have great seals, so where is the water coming from?! Suggestions? Not the HMA BTW as that is off now.

Lid-1.jpg

Lid-2.jpg

Lid-3.jpg

Lid-4.jpg

Lid-5.jpg

Everything is looking great Rorie, job well done! Hope you get your last few issues figured out soon :good:

.... The room has been at 99% humidity since i started :/

So the room is at 24 degrees and has been steady for the last few weeks. I put my lids in place and put on my dehumidifier to sort the room out. Issue number 1) Evidently the deh. creates a lot of heat - the room has shot up to 28 degrees! And i have no way of cooling it :/ So not sure how to get around that!

Problem 2) I had hoped that once the humidity had dropped down, the dehu. woultnt be on much.....but it is! i switched it off and within 20mins the humidity had gone up to 70% again. WHYYYYYY?????? I do not understand. The tanks have great seals, so where is the water coming from?! Suggestions? Not the HMA BTW as that is off now.
My mate who kept marine fish in his "shed" has this issue with high humidity, in winter condensation & mould appearing on walls despite the winter heating and despite the tanks being covered.

Solved by combination of large extractor fans (12 inch ?) in the roof and two part air conditioning units. You need the two part units as it will extract moisture from the air inside and pump the condensed water outside. He eventually fitted a drain pipe as originally the condensate dripped onto a flower bed, but only large quantities of slime and moss grew.

Most reactions

trending

Back