What's new

Research Paper On Stocking My Tank? Help!?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Dandx13

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I am currently writing as research paper on stocking my 125 gallon tank. I would like to add 5 angelfish to this tank plus some other fish. The dimensions are 48" x 24" x 24" so this would be perfect for angels. I have plenty of caves and driftwood with some plants (definitely not heavily planted). I was just looking for some suggestions and information on angelfish and good tank mates.

Please state:

years of experience with fish
Tanks you have

Thank you so much,
Dan

I'm planning a similar build myself for angelfish in a few years. Because the angelfish will eat smaller fish, good tankmates are fish with deeper bodies such as the hatchet fish. If you're getting five angels, and you like the hatchets, a large school of around thirty or more would be beautiful. These guys are both from similar areas too. Sterbai corydoras on light-ish sand at a group of around twenty. These fish tolerate the higher temps better than many other corydoras. I would also add a brightly colored mid-dweller or two from the area. Maybe some sort of pleco. Bunch of shrimp (at the risk of becoming snacks, but still awesome additions to tanks) from the Amazon area, snails possibly. I like minimal stocking plans, personally. Larger schools to me are much cooler than smaller schools of several species. 

Fully dedicated for almost two years, off and on for about five or six
20 gallon long, planted, nerite snails, 3 albino BN plecos
10 gallon, planted, dwarf puffers
2.5 pond snail breeding/holding tank for puffy snacks

for angelfish you will want to get 6 3 pairs you will have to keep retrying for pairs until they become evident as they will swim together and breed you cannot keep singles and pairs as they will probabl harras and sometimes kill the singles but you will need to talk to someone a bit more experienced than me about it for other fish i would say a nice big shoal of corys say 20 with a syno but sadly if your having pairs of angels then it makes it hard to keep any other mid to top fish witht them

Thank you so much everyone I am leaning towards a few plecos. I wouldn't want a big school of fish like hatchetfish I have a plexiglass hood which would make me scared they would jump out of the small holes cut out for filtration and feeding

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back