Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I used to manage a nursery school and mum’s (it was generally the mums) would come in with a list of toddler-aged woes and used to look at me in a horrified way when I used to say, “enjoy this phase - they get worse..” to the explain my then 15 year old was not coming in on time and was smoking...at least when they are little, although exhausting, you know they are home and safe ?
Oh don't.... Now I'm depressed as well as exhausted

@CaptainBarnicles - you’ll be fine - we all survive it and when I look back (mine are 33, 31 and 22 -spot the oops!) I never remember the rough bits just the times that made me smile or feel proud xx Going through it with grandchildren now - now that IS exhausting...?

@CaptainBarnicles - you’ll be fine - we all survive it and when I look back (mine are 33, 31 and 22 -spot the oops!) I never remember the rough bits just the times that made me smile or feel proud xx Going through it with grandchildren now - now that IS exhausting...?
True, time goes so quick doesn't it? They grow so fast it's scary!

Oh don't.... Now I'm depressed as well as exhausted
Oh, it doesn't have to be as bad as all that. We found it got a lot easier after the toddler years were past. The key is teaching them two things while they are small enough to control: 1. They are loved, valued, and safe, and 2. They are NOT the ones in charge. Once you convince them of those two things, it's usually pretty smooth sailing.

Oh, it doesn't have to be as bad as all that. We found it got a lot easier after the toddler years were past. The key is teaching them two things while they are small enough to control: 1. They are loved, valued, and safe, and 2. They are NOT the ones in charge. Once you convince them of those two things, it's usually pretty smooth sailing.
Number one is easy peasy... Number 2...not so much ? our daughter is amazing but man is she a bossy boots!

I’m apparently a “Fish Guru” now... :|

(Thought you only got that when you hit 20k messages... apparently not)

Yes and no... I was never a fish expert to begin with, but I’m definitely not a fish guru.

@Colin_T is really the only guy in here that deserves the Guru I title. :p
There are a few on here that I think are worthy of the title. But sorry, PK, I don't think you can be a guru unless you're at least old enough to grow facial hair. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back