Random Discussion

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I look at it for an hour and yep it was leaking.

Do I have to glue on the old silicone or scratch old silicone off first? The tank is made of acrylics and is 6 gal.

Do you think the problem comes from the 3 inches heavy substrate pressing on the bottom pane?

@Colin_T @WhistlingBadger

Thanks for any help you guys can provided :thumbs:
Where is the leak?

If it were glass, I could tell you how to do it. I don't know anything about acrylic except that the tanks are usually welded chemically rather than glued with silicone.

I think I'm getting old. Yesterday has left me feeling like a wet rag. I have hardly been anywhere since the start of the first lockdown 14 months ago so I seriously overdid things yesterday.

Dose #2 of the vaccine. We drove into town and parked the car, then walked to the doctor's. Usually a 5 minute walk, but it's uphill so it took me 10 minutes. Then back into town, my husband moved the car to the supermarket car park and he went in there while I went in another shop then walked to the supermarket. It's the longest distance I've walked in over a year.
My husband likes listening to classical music, and has a hifi system. He bought a new power amp a couple of weeks ago and it's been glitching - a 1/10 second moment of silence, intermittently. At first he put it down to the weather - strong winds and thunderstorms affecting the power lines - but he decided one of the connections wasn't seated right so after we got home we took all apart, then built it back together again. CD transport, DAC, pre amp and power amp. Success! No glitching last night. The shelves of the rack are heavy enough but the weight of the equipment has to be felt to be believed.
During last week, the cat has been sick on our bedroom carpet on 5 days at 5 am. I am fed up with cleaning the carpet. So after we sorted his hifi, I went to the garage to get some dust sheets to cover the carpet. This was not as easy as it sounds. Our younger son's motorbike has been there for 2 years and blocking the way to the shelves, and of course the dust sheet box was the furthest in so I had to lift out the box of paint cans, then the decorating stuff to get to it. And put them all back again. I pulled a muscle in my back. And of course the cat was not sick this morning.

So here I am with a sore arm from the injection, a painful back, lack of sleep because of a sore arm and painful back, and feeling as though I've run a marathon.
At least I didn't have to clean up any cat sick at 5 am this morning :lol:

I know how you feel but I haven't had a vaccine yet. The body gets fatter and aches more and more. No sleep, get woken up all the time by neighbours, birds and the weather. Stupid house can't be insulated because I hear the birds running around on the roof at 5am playing football or something. No energy to go for a walk and no inclination to go outside due to the lock down and virus. And I have another bloody mouse in the house, and there was another giant red cockroach in the house last night (it got gassed). Topping it all off, I had no TV signal at all last night so I couldn't even watch anything.

Just sitting here in the chair trying not to fall asleep at 4pm. I have only been awake for 5 hours.

You make my aches and pains trivial compared to what you are going through, Colin.

I have a 3 year old tazmanian devil who wreaks absolute havoc and leaves chaos behind her, I've also got a 6 month old who does not sleep or at least only in 20 minute intervals... My house is a giant tip, I have almost daily fatigue migraines and I overeat constantly for energy

Also very trivial problems but wanted to have a little moan ?

Thankfully I'm a stay at home mum, it's hard enough trying to keep house and bring up the monsters children without having to worry about going to work too! My hat goes off to those who do, I don't know how they do it ? I'm barely functioning!

I was a stay at home mum as well, though that was more common in the 1980s. In pre DBS check days, the schools always wanted parents to help out on school trips so I got to go on a lot of them.

It wasn't overseas trips back in the 1980s, but I did get to see the stage production of Roald Dahl's Matilda at the theatre.

Less glamorous - a battery hen farm, a replica iron age village, a wetlands trust site, a building site, a brick factory, an art gallery for the children to do some of their own painting, helping groups of 4 do cake baking, and back in the 1980s, the school had one very primitive computer so I took small groups to the computer room so they could get used to using it. There's probably more that I've forgotten.....

I went to school for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade but homeschool now, but when I did go to school I think my favorite field trip was this one time we went to like this place and collected rocks. It was cool, although it sounds boring haha. At church, our youth group takes field trips sometimes. They went to the NC Zoo one time, but I missed it and was so sad

... a replica iron age village...
Is that Flag Fen? I went there my first trip to England back in the late 80s. Really interesting place. I remember the 80s era school computers, too. We had a lab at my middle school with the green monochrome apples. Then they got a single color monitor and it was the most amazing thing ever; we used to argue about who got to use it. How things have changed!
I went to school for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade but homeschool now, but when I did go to school I think my favorite field trip was this one time we went to like this place and collected rocks. It was cool, although it sounds boring haha. At church, our youth group takes field trips sometimes. They went to the NC Zoo one time, but I missed it and was so sad
My wife and daughter (she'll be in sixth grade) are going to try homeschooling next year. We live in an area with a HUGE amount of history (we live right on the Oregon trail, among other things), archaeology, and nature (seriously, at least four major ecosystems within an hour's drive), so I think they're going to have a great time. I'm a little jealous, to be really honest. :lol:

My wife and daughter (she'll be in sixth grade) are going to try homeschooling next year. We live in an area with a HUGE amount of history (we live right on the Oregon trail, among other things), archaeology, and nature (seriously, at least four major ecosystems within an hour's drive), so I think they're going to have a great time. I'm a little jealous, to be really honest. :lol:
Oh how fun!!! Homeschooling is so great. I hope she enjoys it! I homeschooled all through middle school and am in my first year of highschool now, still homeschooling. It is really great to be able to do things like going out and exploring nature and your surroundings and seeing REAL places in real life, as opposed to just reading about it in a book or hearing about it in class. It definitely gets hard to not be able to see friends or meet many new people, but in my opinion the trade off is worth it, especially if you have a homeschool group or church or such once a week to still meet people and get to socialize!

Is that Flag Fen?
No such luck.
It was when we lived in Lancashire, the local authority actually owned the farm with the battery hens - they used the eggs for school meals. But there was a lot of farm land there as well, and they had built a group of iron age 'houses'. This actually involved 2 visits as half the class went to the hen houses and the other half to the iron age houses; on second visit the children did the other one.
The 'education farm' no longer exists as such, it's now a community farm

I have a 3 year old tazmanian devil who wreaks absolute havoc and leaves chaos behind her, I've also got a 6 month old who does not sleep or at least only in 20 minute intervals... My house is a giant tip, I have almost daily fatigue migraines and I overeat constantly for energy

Also very trivial problems but wanted to have a little moan ?
I used to manage a nursery school and mum’s (it was generally the mums) would come in with a list of toddler-aged woes and used to look at me in a horrified way when I used to say, “enjoy this phase - they get worse..” to the explain my then 15 year old was not coming in on time and was smoking...at least when they are little, although exhausting, you know they are home and safe ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back