Random Discussion

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bunny is a cute name for rabbit, kind of like kitty and cat. Rabbits are indeed delicious if you cook them right. :drool:

I basically agree with Colin about freedom of speech/rudeness. FOS simply means being able to say what you want, which can but doesn't have to include rudeness. I can certainly exercise my freedom of speech without being rude, very much like I can exercise my right to drink alcohol without getting drunk. In both cases, excess might be wrong, harmful, or downright stupid, but it isn't against the law.

And it's a two way street. That's what is great. You don't have to agree. The only thing we have to agree on is that bunnies taste great. Especially smothered in gravy. And bacon. Now I'm hungry.

You eat whatever you can get when your hungry.

Rabbit, cat, rat, wombat, wallaby, chicken, turkey, they all look the same when in the oven, different flavors but similar in appearance. And when you are starving, they are all tasty.

I've got a can of boiled silkworm pupae I picked up at an international market. I've tried them just to say I have. I'd have to be pretty hard up to eat them again. Ya up for trying some? :lol:

Edit: I HAD a can of boiled silkworm pupae. Our 3 year old son like swiping canned food and playing with them. I'm sure it'll show up one day in a toy box or something.

Last edited:
I've got a can of boiled silkworm pupae I picked up at an international market. I've tried them just to say I have. I'd have to be pretty hard up to eat them again. Ya up for trying some? :lol:
You should come to the wild food festival in Hokitika, really cool stuff to eat. I can't list them all, do a google search. If you are ever in NZ for the festival come and stay.

@Flushable Pets You should be proud of your self! I'm now interested in terrarium :)

Can you plant mushroom in terrarium? I love mushroom.

I've never done mushrooms in a terrarium in the context of this website, so I'm unable to help you there. ;)

We're visiting family about an hour away (shut up, DeWine!) today and going to stop at Lowes and get some egg crate light diffuser. I have an idea to build a top for my 40B so I can plant lots of stuff on top and have a jungle of roots hanging down instead just a jungle of roots lining the back of the tank. Plus going to pick up about a gazillion feeder guppies.

I used to cycle all over the place including on the outskirts of towns when there were lots of bugs flying around, including cycling through a huge swarm of locusts, they were crunchy. I have eaten my share of bugs so silkworm pupae are probably no different to what I have already eaten. Although I would prefer fried over boiled.

----------------------
@Flushable Pets You should be proud of your self! I'm now interested in terrarium :)

Can you plant mushroom in terrarium? I love mushroom.
It's generally too moist in a terrarium. However, you can buy mushroom kits and grow them in a shed. The only problem you might have is the high temperature. Most mushrooms occur in cooler climates but some might be ok where you are. You would have to look for species that are suitable for tropical climates or set up a cool room to grow them in.

The following links are from a TV show in Australia called Landline. The story is about mushroom farming in shipping containers and cool rooms.

I used to cycle all over the place including on the outskirts of towns when there were lots of bugs flying around, including cycling through a huge swarm of locusts, they were crunchy. I have eaten my share of bugs so silkworm pupae are probably no different to what I have already eaten. Although I would prefer fried over boiled.

----------------------

It's generally too moist in a terrarium. However, you can buy mushroom kits and grow them in a shed. The only problem you might have is the high temperature. Most mushrooms occur in cooler climates but some might be ok where you are. You would have to look for species that are suitable for tropical climates or set up a cool room to grow them in.

The following links are from a TV show in Australia called Landline. The story is about mushroom farming in shipping containers and cool rooms.

How do you know if mushroom are phychedelic or not?

I’ve heard that you can take a trip just by inhaling them in....scary..

Got know idea. But in the late eighties I was in Kathmandu and ordered special omelet for breakfast, it had mushroom, I lost two days of my life, looking at all sorts of ****.

A lot of mushrooms are poisonous so you only grow and eat species that are known to be safe. There are plenty of books available that tell you what species of mushroom is safe and where they are found. Most of the good books are called "Field Guides to" whatever the subject is.
eg: A Field Guide to Mushroom and Toadstools of Western Australia.

Field Guides are usually written by scientists that study the particular subject and have colour pictures, description of where they are found, what they look like, if they are edible or poisonous, etc.

--------------------
You can't get stoned by sniffing mushrooms that you are holding but if you crush up mushrooms and put them in a plastic bag and inhale the air in the bag, you could inhale spores and dust and that could poison you. The psychedelic affect from mushrooms is actually poisoning. If it's a lose dose of poison you trip out, if it's a high dose of poison you could end up in hospital or the morgue.

Some mushrooms are poisonous to touch so only handle species that you know are safe.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back