Random Discussion

Our governor, Mike DeWine, has put in ridiculous new restrictions for us as well. I offer him a one finger salute. Yes, I'm spending time with my family during the holidays and I'm making food for everyone, not using prepackaged containers for each person or wearing a mask. He can get bent.
We're allowed to mix 3 households for Christmas, that means parents deciding what children to visit, we're already in a 3 house bubble due to childcare arrangements. But they reckon Easter will be more or less the end of it, but not holding my breath.

We're allowed to mix 3 households for Christmas, that means parents deciding what children to visit, we're already in a 3 house bubble due to childcare arrangements. But they reckon Easter will be more or less the end of it, but not holding my breath.

We heard that last year here. I'm not going to live in fear. I believe this is more about control than anything else.

I like mushrooms fried with a touch of garlic in butter with my cooked breakfasts.
(Sausage, Bacon, Fried eggs (Poached if I'm being watched.), soda bread, potato bread, pancake, tinned plum toms (Not grilled toms.), mushrooms, black pudding, white pudding and vegetable roll.
Though am happy to replace the breads with hash browns, possibly the best US export ever.
Throw the tomato’s away and make an extra one cos I’m coming over.
Weve woken up to a human interest story here of disaster movie proportions. No milk. I’m English I drink tea on a morning when floating off the coast of Europe. White tea. It requires milk. The cat was supposed to go to Sainsbury’s yesterday but forgot. Just wait until his bowls empty and see how cocky he is then.
Black coffee feels so false when not on my holidays. Woe is me.

That's right, coffee is weird to y'all in the UK. Kind of like how hot tea with cream and sugar is weird over here.

Throw the tomato’s away and make an extra one cos I’m coming over.
Weve woken up to a human interest story here of disaster movie proportions. No milk. I’m English I drink tea on a morning when floating off the coast of Europe. White tea. It requires milk. The cat was supposed to go to Sainsbury’s yesterday but forgot. Just wait until his bowls empty and see how cocky he is then.
Black coffee feels so false when not on my holidays. Woe is me.
I can do you some baked beans instead of tomatoes......

I can do you some baked beans instead of tomatoes......
Thanks but no thanks. *shudders*
Due to a baked beans incident as a child I’ve not touched them for 50yrs. Three portions in one day and half a dozen tangerines resulted in an epic throwing up session. I’m scared of orange food now. Even Cointreau, chocolate oranges!

That's another bizarre one for Americans. Baked beans for breakfast. That is dinner item for us.

How about kombucha? Mmm!

@ClownLurch Patron Citrone. *shudders*
Baked beans for Breakfast as a side.
Baked Beans for lunch on top of toast, eaten with a knife and fork.
Baked Beans for dinner as a side.
Though our baked beans have a thicker, richer sauce than yours I think.

Personally I only eat them when I put them in what I have dubbed "cowboy pie". Basically a cottage pie with baked beans in the mince and onions and a layer of sliced potatoes rather than mashed. Sometimes some chilli powder gets added, but not a lot. (Kids)

Thanks but no thanks. *shudders*
Due to a baked beans incident as a child I’ve not touched them for 50yrs. Three portions in one day and half a dozen tangerines resulted in an epic throwing up session. I’m scared of orange food now. Even Cointreau, chocolate oranges!
I had similar, but with whiskey, but am over it now..........

Hashbrowns is normally a breakfast food in the states, but I really like them with a good steak for supper. My family frequently asks for cheese browns: Hashbrowns made from fresh potatoes (preferably yukon golds from our garden), with sharp cheddar melted on top. Often topped with venison or smoked pork gravy. Yummmmm

My ducks
Why does the red things grow over the fighting wounds? @Colin_T
91D1D69B-577B-4790-821F-081199312339.jpeg
85F4206A-6B26-4512-BC22-E79E4AACE29F.jpeg
DAE02B48-DA70-4BE6-BECB-5B30DEFA2ADC.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back