Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was wondering why these Red things (caruncles?) grow over the damaged wound, not on the face but on the neck.

@Colin_T had a duck before, he definitely knew.

Can I just say they are rough looking ducks. Who have they been fighting, I can only assume Mike Tyson

I've actually met him. Twice. I always assumed he was taller. :huh:

Do the red spots seem to affect him or are they just an eyesore?

I've actually met him. Twice. I always assumed he was taller. :huh:

Do the red spots seem to affect him or are they just an eyesore?
No! What I meant is the neck not the face, the face is normal, you see I won PoTM because of this guy.
D0703970-4740-407D-A911-ABA6C0769A92.jpeg

My ducks never had that problem, I guess because we only kept them in pairs and the males couldn't get at each other.

According to the website at the link below, it is caused by damage to the skin and sometimes appears on the back of the female's necks after breeding.

---------------------
Talking of boxers, many years ago a friend asked me if I could drive him to the shop on the weekend to meet Jeff Fenech and Danny Green. Jeff was retiring from boxing and Danny was just starting out. Jeff was promoting Danny at the local shopping centres and my friend wanted a pair of gloves signed.

I took him to the shop and we stood in line. Eventually my friend got to say high and asked for a picture. We were asked to wait until everyone left and then we could get some pictures. Eventually I took photos of my friend and he got his gloves signed. They asked if I wanted a signature and I said no. Thinking back on it these days, I should have got a few signatures. Still got the memories tho :)

Any way, both Jeff and Danny were short asses. I thought they were going to be big but my friend and I were both much bigger than them. We almost looked like bodyguards for the two boxers. They were nice people though, which was completely unexpected. You think boxers are going to be rough and mean and not that bright from being hit in the head. But they proved me wrong. :)

@Colin_T Mike was very polite as well. We didn't get any autographs because they were chance meetings in Vegas and we didn't want to really hassle him.

I made dinner for Bobby Knight once at our family's restaurant in Wyoming. Amazingly, no chairs were thrown and he was a complete gentleman and talked basketball with our customers and staff for a couple hours.

Owning that restaurant we got the opportunity to meet up with many celebrities and all of them turned out to be very down to earth folks.

Andrew Gaze (Australian backetball player) used to come into our shop. One of the workers was a huge fan of his and was never there when he came in. One day the worker found out Andrew Gaze had been coming in and said the next time he turns up lock him up out the back and call me.

About a week later Andrew comes into the shop and we tell him that one of the workers is a big fan and said we should lock Andrew up out the back and call the worker. He laughed and said no need to worry, let me know when he is here and I will come down and visit him. The worker was in the following day and Andrew was as good as his word. He rocked up about lunch time and spent half an hour chatting with the worker. It made everyone's day it did. :)

And he is a tall guy too. I am 6ft and I was looking up at him going holy carp, your huge. :)

Nope, you are how tall you are and I don't think anything can really change that. If anyone figures out how to be taller, let me know!
Basically I feel like I’m am taller after I work out everyday.

I’m 16, It’s definitely not puberty right?

You can have surgery to increase your height. There are 2 methods used.
1) They cut your legs in half and stick leg extensions in the bones and stretch the muscle over it.
2) They break your legs and stretch them out while you're in traction. When the leg heals they break it again and stretch it more.

Both of these methods can give you an extra 1-2 inches in height but they are painful and expensive.

The cheapest way to gain height is platform shoes.

---------------------
If you don't stand up straight normally, you might after a work out because the muscles have tightened up and that might be making you stand up straighter. But exercise does not make you grow any taller, it's pure genetics (about 90%) and good food (about 10%) when you were a developing embryo inside your mum and during the first 15 years of life.

To be perfectly honest, I don't look good in heels... I know... I've tried... err... I mean I'm a guy... I don't know you people... :banana:
I think it's cuban heels for a man, sold a few in my time in shoe shops, always to proper european types though never the typical brit.

(And I rock heels and a pink lycra dress, or I did before the beer gut developed.........)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back