Random Discussion

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

You could seek out this medieval torture device called "the rack".
7ceff34c-8040-4c1d-ab10-34acb3f6bf66_1.aac9ea38ceb11cadf74b3efefc984131.jpeg

I was 5 foot nothing right through school then in year 13 (17years ) I grow 8 inches. I kept falling over, my nick name became "Stumbles", which stuck with me until I was in my 30's

As a person ages in life he or she concerns themselves with different aspects of their anatomy and their life.
When you are born its your lungs and vocal cords that get you attention.
When you are young person growing into the world you worry more about how you look and how you attract a mate of the opposite sex.
When you are married and have children, you then experience the above all over again, but this time concerning someone else's well being.
When you are in your silver and golden years you swing back to concern for yourself and how to maintain your independence and not end up a burden to your loved ones.

Wow an entire person's life explained in just four sentences, I know I missed a lot here, but when you do reach a certain age, life feels like it whizzed by just that fast.

As a person ages in life he or she concerns themselves with different aspects of their anatomy and their life.
When you are born its your lungs and vocal cords that get you attention.
When you are young person growing into the world you worry more about how you look and how you attract a mate of the opposite sex.
When you are married and have children, you then experience the above all over again, but this time concerning someone else's well being.
When you are in your silver and golden years you swing back to concern for yourself and how to maintain your independence and not end up a burden to your loved ones.

Wow an entire person's life explained in just four sentences, I know I missed a lot here, but when you do reach a certain age, life feels like it whizzed by just that fast.
I never thought that I would get to the stage that I could say I had worked for forty years, now I have worked forty years. :/

I never thought that I would get to the stage that I could say I had worked for forty years, now I have worked forty years. :/
I know what you mean, yep I do.... :dunno:

I remember when I graduated from high school and thinking about the turn of the millennium, the year 2000 which was still thirty years in the future, wow that's a life time I thought to myself so for in the distance future. Now it is 2020 and I think to myself wow that was fast.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

Act-II, Scene-VII of the play
As You Like It
Shakespeare

Last edited:
I was 5 foot nothing right through school then in year 13 (17years ) I grow 8 inches. I kept falling over, my nick name became "Stumbles", which stuck with me until I was in my 30's
I can see why you go by itiwhetu.

Most reactions

trending

Back