Questions about keeping betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It all depends on the temperature of the betta. IMO, and IME, Dumbo Ear bettas (Or anything cross bread with a Dumbo Ear Betta) are way less aggressive than say a CrownTail, or a veil tale. My betta will tolerate any kind of fish. (Expect obviously another betta.) He is a Male Dumbo Ear/Super Veil Tale Betta Fish. :)

I hope this helps! ;)

The one thing that hasn't 't been said about housing the young males separately is build your own divided tank. Plan it out. Have a glass shop cut your pieces of glass and glue it up. Leave 1/16 inch space under the dividers for water flow. The number and size of your compartments is limited only by your ambition. This is really not so daunting a task as you might think and is quite fun. Me? I would make mine 36 inches by 18 inches divided in half lengthwise for two 36 by 9 sections and those 2 sections further divided into 6 compartments of 6 " x 9" for a total of 12 compartments. Let's see now, that's's 1 base 36 by 18 (use quarter inch glass) , 2 sidewalls 18 by however deep you want it and 2 sidewalls 36 by however deep. One divider 35 and 3/4 by however deep and 10 dividers 8 and 3/4 by however deep. Sixteen pieces of glass and a week of your time. Please check my dimensions to be sure. Remember to subtract the thicknesses from the sides to make it fit flush. A worthy project for a worthwhile endeavor.

Let’s say you have 50 male fry, just to make it easy. You are still going to need 50 containers to transport all of those fish to Lfs to sell. You may as well have them in jars already that are sitting in heated water. Why make more work for yourself?

Well, I would only raise my best specimens not all of them. But, to each his own. You just don't get anything for them. At least here in Backburner Montana.
That's why I don't breed them. A lot of work for little pay off!

It is fun and all to breed, until you realize your LFS doesn’t take betta Fry......:lol:

You can sell them on Ebay or other websites. Just say "pick up only". You can also take them to your local aquarium society and put them on the raffle table.

I concur. Just make sure to name what type of betta they are. (Male, female, CrownTail, veil tale, Super Delta Tale, etc.) :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back