Akasha: How odd is it? It really did appear to be HitH, but I'm so glad its not!! :D As for the foamy water, it seems to instantaneously appear after i feed my fish Brine Shrimp/other frozen foods. Does this sound like an excess of proteins to you? The foam develops in a completely different area to where i feed them... 

well things like HitH tend to be linked to bad water and/or stress. I'm not suggesting you have bad water just that it may be linked to this foamy thing you've noticed. It's also equally as possible that he was feeling stressed by something. It may be that the extra water changes helped to reverse the HitH ... it's difficult to say. Either way I would just keep a close eye on him for a week or two, make sure it really has gone. I'd also keep a watch on his poop as bacterial problems can affect the guts so if he starts passing white stringy faeces and goes off his food then add the anti-biotic :)

Akasha72 Thanks man! It seems like he just damaged himself though, as I actually SAW him impale himself on an obscure branch in my tank (which has since been moved) on his side, and the wound looked exactly the same as the suspected HitH. 

it happens but if you are aware of something within the tank that can cause injury it's always best to remove it. If it's just small branch - is there any way you can cut it off? Maybe remove the branch and sand paper off any sharp bits?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back