Mouse jumps into fryer

poisoned rodents can kill birds of prey when ingested, so you are actually killing more than one species. rodents will keep coming back if they are finding food or somewhere to live. that’s the first step. figure out why they are coming in. perhaps Orkin or some other pest control business could give you advice.
I agree.

I'm not paying someone $$ just to tell me what I already know. If the mouse will die very shortly after he eats the poison, what harm will it do? The poison package says its safe for dogs, cats, and kids. I would assume its safe for any other creature, around the same size.

I'm sorry if im sounding rude or cruel here, but thats just my opinion. They are a pest and they are in my house, eating and destroying my belongings.

I am unsure why you say it is horrible to harm any creatures but dont feel the same way about mice?

I never said it was 'Horrible to harm any creature".

I hunt often. (Deer, turkey, etc.)

I feel no remorse for their death. After all, I tracked, followed and killed the animal. I eat what I kill, my killings don't go to waste.

I am unsure why you say it is horrible to harm any creatures but dont feel the same way about mice?
And as I said before, mice are pests. They come into my home and they eat and destroy my things. I don't take to kind to that...

We had mouse problems in the shop because of the bird seed and animal foods we had there. Every month we would go through the back section and clean it out. We would kill dozens of mice and we did it however we could.

I used to hunt mice and rats when I kept birds too because the rodents got into the nests and ate the eggs and baby birds.

I can understand where Phoenix is coming from and understand his frustration because they do heaps of damage. They chew on wiring, books and furniture. They poop and pee everywhere and spread diseases. They are unwanted pests and anyone who has had to deal with a mouse plague will do whatever it takes to control and get rid of the vermin.

I'm not a cat person so I trained my dogs to hunt rats and mice and I also trained the dog groomer's dog to hunt them. It doesn't take long and most dogs are just as good as cats when it comes to catching vermin. Dogs also kill the rats and mice quickly whereas a cat will toy with it while it's still alive (not nice).

I have tried a couple of cheaper sonic rodent repellers but they don't seem to work. More expensive models might but you would have to try them and see if they help. Otherwise it's trap and bait.

I definitely understand mouse and rat plagues. Not fun. Especially when you're allergic to rodent urine :crazy:

I got a few goldfish for my 20g about 5 years ago and the person who gave them to me demanded that I have a Viking funeral for them. Made a paper boat and lit it on fire and let it go down the river
You waited until they died. Right? :rofl:

We had mice everywhere in our barn due to the cattle, horse, and swine feed. I use to be afraid of them but got to the point where I just let a nest of babies be when I found them. Barn cats kept them at bay. Once you smell mouse urine, you never forget the smell. It attracts other mice too.

I have 2 cats, they don't help at all...

@Colin_T wrapped it up pretty nicely.

@JuiceBox52, I don't hate animals, I want to make that perfectly clear. I just don't like mice destroying my stuff. I honesty feel no remorse when they die or when I kill them. They are a pest and I'm exterminating them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back