Is Guppy Fry Sufficient Live Food?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

the_lock_man said:

[SIZE=medium]    When you have a small number of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]livebearers it is best a ratio of 1-2 females, the more livebearers you keep the less females needed  if you have 4 pares or more it also prevents aggression so livebearers can be kept in pares as long as long as they are kept in a large group you will also find the[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]larger the number of males the less interested they become in the females[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]what tends to happen is that the males spend most of the time[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]competing with each[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]other over females[/SIZE]

If you had posted that info to start off with, it would have saved an awful lot of agro.

fish48 said:
ok so if you had 10 males how many  females  do you need

Using that comment to draw ncguppy into your trap was a bit out of order, IMO.

Lock man.  Agreed  I should have [SIZE=12pt]posted that info to start off with[/SIZE] In future I will make sure to explain things more clearly

fish48 said:

[SIZE=medium]    When you have a small number of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]livebearers it is best a ratio of 1-2 females, the more livebearers you keep the less females needed  if you have 4 pares or more it also prevents aggression so livebearers can be kept in pares as long as long as they are kept in a large group you will also find the[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]larger the number of males the less interested they become in the females[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]what tends to happen is that the males spend most of the time[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]competing with each[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]other over females[/SIZE]

If you had posted that info to start off with, it would have saved an awful lot of agro.

fish48 said:
ok so if you had 10 males how many  females  do you need

Using that comment to draw ncguppy into your trap was a bit out of order, IMO.

I should have posted that info to start off with In future I will make sure to explain things more clearly

Most reactions

Back